Opinions maybe welcome definitely probably

Doesn’t matter if the seed is reg or feminized.

To created a feminized seed you need:

A female plant
Silver colloidal

Spray the plant 2- 3x a day for 2-3 weeks

Then you’ll get the female plant to grow pollen sacks, use this pollen on another female plant to create feminized seeds

2 Likes

No… your making a female plant produce male parts , which self pollinate’s the plant that you sprayed…
You can also take that pollen and use it on another plant as well…
The reason that I ask if it was a reg or fem seed is because if you spray a fem seed , the chance for hermi seeds is higher…
If you spray a reg female then the chances of hermi seeds is less…
You would be better off getting a male plant and getting pollen from it to use for breeding , your seeds will be more stable and chances of having hermi seeds is nil…
@PharmerBob
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Really? Where’d you get this info?

How do you think feminized seeds are produced?

Do you worry when you buy feminized seeds about being herms?

Also I’m not using the same plant to pollinate itself, as stated already.

I’m creating female pollen to use on another female plant

1 Like

I’ve been breeding for awhile now…
I’m just trying to help you understand what your doing…
The plant that you are spraying is going to produce feminized seeds of that plant…
You can also take that pollen and use it on another plant as well…
But when you spray a fem seed , chances are that there could be hermi trates in that pollen…
If you did it to a reg female then you would end up with first gen fem seeds of the plant that you sprayed and chances of hermi seeds is 15%…
On a fem seed , chances of hermi seeds is like 45%…
And yes when I buy fem seeds I worry about hermi problems late in flower…
Also , quite saying female pollen… it’s male pollen …

1 Like

It’s female it lack the Y chromosome

If it had a Y chromosome I call it hermaphroditical pollen

A marijuana plant can be either female or male and it can also be both and what you’re doing by spraying it with colloidal silver is causing an effect in the genes to create male flowers and self pollinate even though it came from a female plant that you sprayed it is still male pollen…

1 Like

Reg seeds, sexed female, won’t pollinate herself since once she produces pollen shim will be discarded. Or I’ll let @CoyoteCody smoke it, whichever comes first

1 Like

The plant that you are Spraying with colloidal silver is going to self pollinate and make feminized seeds as long as you let it go to the end of flower you should have viable seeds to use…
if you’re using feminized seeds to begin with then you’re going to have higher chances of a Hermie trate in those jeans and in those seeds,
that came from the plant that your spraying…
there’s also a chance that the plant that you pollinate with that pollen may spit out hermi seeds as well …
not sure of the percentages but there is that possibility because you Took a female plant and caused it to turn into a male plant…

Quit saying :v: I’ll keep dragging you back :wink:

Tho I do appreciate your experience

1 Like

That’s just how I signoff…
I’m only here to help…
I want you to succeed…
I love new strains… :+1::wink:

2 Likes

Let me just check the ld50 of colloidal silver.

It’s good for you Cody definitely probably not

So what I usually do if I want to make a batch of feminized seeds from a plant that I really like…

I will take that regular seed , grow it out and make sure that it’s female and that I like it… …
And clone it because it’s a good plant and grow it out and then I will spray that plant with Colloidal silver and cause it to self pollinate and it will create feminized seeds , that’s one way…

The other way is To take a male plant of one strain and put it in a Room with a female of another strain and have them have sex and create a strain of both…
Or you can collect pollen and pollenate how you want with certain branches versus allowing the whole plant to pollinate if your not wanting thousands of seeds…

1 Like

Oh I want thousands but I’ll take a handful

I just crossed a ilgm White widow fem with a Male girl scout cookie and the seeds that it produced were 50/50 male or female and with about a 5% to 15% chance of having Hermie seeds because i used a fem seed for my female…
If I had used a regular female seed and a regular male seed then I would have no chances of having hermi seeds… :+1::wink:
Feminized seeds are touchy , most people don’t understand that…
Most of all of the feminized seeds that have ever grown tend to want to go Hermie toward the end of flower…

2 Likes

That part I understand completely. Don’t modify the modified

2 Likes

I took strains and put them in a Room with a male girl scout cookie…
so I have a ilgm super silver haze x girl scout cookie…
I have a cali fruity Kush x girl scout cookie…
I have a ilgm white widow x girl scout cookie…
I have a zombie x girl scout cookie…
I also have a purple OG x girl scout cookie…
I’ve got seeds forever to sell or plant… :+1::wink:
And even tho I let them pollenate , the smoke is ridiculous , I just have alot of seeds to sift…