Opinion wanted!

Hello group! Getting ready to feed the ladies a good dose of H2O (using the weight of the bag method)! It will be 21 days tomorrow since they were dropped into the soil…currently healthy and looking okay. FFFO at bottom 50%, FFHF top 50%.
My question is…Is it time for nutes yet? If I water and then TDS my runoff and determine i need nutes do I rewater and flush soil with nuted water??

1 Like

You should be fine for a few more weeks.
No need to flush as there is nothing to flush out.
Once runoff has a tds of under 1000 then you can start feeding 1/2 strength.

11 Likes

Agree with @Spiney_norman

1 Like

Great community!
Thanks for sharing,
got it👍! @Spiney_norman @Vtbudz

1 Like

This is more a opinion. But in my experience, i find its time to feed in that soil at just over 3 weeks. This in in vivosun 5 gallon sized fabric. Of course this time value will change with the volume of soil.

1 Like

@DJSOUL what nutes are you going to use. When you start feeding find the feed chart and start week 1 on feed chart and go from there.

FF trio

Here is the feed chart if you don’t have it I use foxfarm trio along with cal mag. You can go ahead and start feeding cal mag at 3ml per gallon

1 Like

FFOF should go 4-6 weeks without having to add nutes. FFHF will go 3-5 weeks

1 Like

You won’t need nutrients for about a total of 6 weeks above ground. :+1:

1 Like

Ima toss my two cents out. It ain’t a lot of cents nuts it’s alittle. And sometimes alittle goes a long ways.

How soon to feed your plants all depends on ‘what’ you are feeding. For example I think most of any plant after three weeks could really benefit from some fish hydrolysate. I also feel that if you add the correct stuff to your soil to begin with, maybe some Bokashi or Humic acid, then your plant should be good for many weeks.

I would also suggest dropping the feeding chart. I personally think that they are garbage. The feeding chart works in a perfect world. When the plants react in the perfect way and grown in the perfect environment. Well…. Most of our grows aren’t perfect, including mine. This makes it pretty challenging to follow a chart that dose not include errors.

Let the plant tell you what it needs. How much nutrients it requires and how much water it can truly use. I have found that less is sometimes best when it comes to feeding plants.

Sorry I started rambling. Happy growing…

8 Likes

I agree with this.

1 Like

No the chart is not an exact but for new growers on there first grow it is a starting point where you learn what your plant does from feeding so i wouldn’t say just ditch it to someone just starting out. I might would say remember to start at 1/4 dose and work my way up. Just my 2 cents from a new grower

4 Likes

Message received. Great advice!
Allow me to pick your brain a little further please. How do you all feel about Black strap Molasses as the calmag source??

1 Like

I haven’t tried it but i have read on here alot of people use it. I am currently on my first grow in week 11 on white widow auto

I thank i am doing pretty good.

3 Likes

Agree. I use FF soils, and start feeding after 3 full weeks n soil. And FF has released a new (and modified) feeding schedule. Here it is:

1 Like

Fantastic thanks for sharing.
A followup question. The girls 21days today since I dropped them in the soil, if and when i feed, where on the FF chart should I start since they arent seedlings, do i pick up at the their appropriate age on chart?

Yes. Typically, for me, that is week 3 or 4 in the chart. If you are using the full line of products, you can (and I do) alternate week 3 and 4 until flip (assuming photo-period plants).

1 Like

Okay. The girls are Auto’s and attached a photo for reference. Today is their 21st above soil

2 Likes

So with autos, just stay on week 4 until you see them start to flower, then pick up at week 5 on the chart.

1 Like