Opinion? Small lighting situation

Have 6x6 tent with HLG 600R light, just started week 7 of bloom.
Have a 2x4x6 with Solarstorm 440, just started week 5
Of bloom. Totally different spectrum of lights.

I need to use small tent for harvest soon. My question, I’m going to move plants from small tent to big tent and as plants finish off use small tent to cure. Can I move Solarstorm into big tent with the HLG running also??? Will it harm plants that were under the Solarstorm to move them to Big tent under HLG only?? The HLG is dimmable, Solarstorm not. Can I run HLG dimmed down lil, and Solarstorm same time?? I think you guys and gals get it?? Don’t want to screw up either at this point. Ty in advance.

If your wondering, I started 8 and panicked that I tried them 2weeks in so started 8 more and all ended up going…lol…so that’s why I’m split up at moment.

3 Likes

I think you can move them under the HLG light. If anything just watch for stress and go from there. Nice looking grow you got going :metal:

2 Likes

@imSICKkid , ty for the valued response…it’s too bad,I wanted to see that Solarstorm polish off those 4 ladies!! One more please? Do you think it would be a positive to mix the 2 lights? Or would that be like SUPER OVERLOAD to them? Do growers mix lighting like that? I guess that’s more than 1.

2 Likes

The HLG light you have is a full spectrum light. Just because you see the white light its putting off, it has all the reds and blues you need.

3 Likes

You can definitely mix em both but do you need to… I’d say closer to no… the 600s do a 5x5 all the way up to 800 to 1000ppm co2 you might be introducing unnessecary heat to a already dialed in room… if you do I’d run them both dimmed a lil and lower em for less heat and less energy use but ultimately spot on PAR levels throughout the tent over 800 to 900 ppfd is ample for ambiant co2 of 300 to 400 ppm range… so if you can achieve 800 ppfd with less energy go ahead … but an hlg 600s ppfd in the center square 4 feet hit over 1500ppfd … at max power I believe at 24 inches … the edges aren’t of course that high infact there quite a bit lower into the 400 to 600 range maybe lower on very edge so I guess you can even out your levels better with both fixtures lil under dim

2 Likes

Ty, @fano_man, I think I’ll side on caution, tent pretty dialed in with HLG and after your input and @imSICKkid ,I’ll just move them into large tent with HLG only…thanks as always.

1 Like