Opinion on led lights

Looking at lights for a 2x4 tent for 3 plants. Any opinions on these lights or have any of you used these for veg and flower?? Have been reading reviews and watching reviews on them but can’t make up my mind. Any advise on these would help even pics of your grows using these lights to compare. Thank you :pray:

@dbrn32 would be your guy for this but with those prices I’d look in to hlg if I were you great products.

3 Likes

A HLG 260xl would be perfect in a 2x4. There’s a bunch of people here that have success with the spider farm SF-2000 also.

6 Likes

They are sold out of the hlg260xl on their site. I did find this for a bit cheaper and used mean well driver and Samsung diodes

Go with HLG lights. A 260xl rspec is perfect for a 2x4 tent. I use two in my 4x4. Growerslight dot com has them in stock and I ordered mine from them. No problems.

5 Likes

Both cover 4x4 for veg and 2x4 or 3x3 for lower. I do have 2 cheap amazon led lights but would like something better to get as much as possible out of them. But at the same time dont want to spend money all crazy. My gf will kill me. She’s mad enough on what I’ve spent so far lol.

Ask yourself this simple question. How much do you smoke on a daily basis? Would you be content with a 3 to 4 month grow cycle and only get 3 oz dried and cured or would you prefer getting 1 lb dried and cured in the same time frame?

5 Likes

True you do have a point. One final question on the hlg260 what is the difference between the 260 and 260xl??

both seem to have the same coverage but I see the xl has the lights spaced out

Just a longer heat sink (xl= xtra long)

3 Likes

The aluminum heatsink is 35 inches long for the 260xl. This means two things. The coverage is better in my opinion. Secondly…the 260xl actually can have 3 QB288 panels if the Meanwell Driver is changed ti one thet can handle the load.

The 260 is smaller and you can not add another QB288.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input really do appreciate it. Now just got to see which one I would be getting. I won’t be getting a bigger tent due to the space I have. So I’m thinking of the 260 since it is in sale and it’s close to what I would have spent on amazon so gf won’t be too mad lol

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with it. There’s a reason so many push this light and you’ll understand as soon as you plug it in.

4 Likes

Go for it ! and buy you a pair of protective glasses because you’re going to need them . seriously very bright.

2 Likes

Like @kellydans said, seriously bright so get glasses. I feel like a moth when I see mine :see_no_evil::sunglasses:

2 Likes

They dnt have the one on sale in stock :sob:

Hlg has a 1 year warranty and the series 2+ from budget led has a 3 year warranty. It’s between those two I would just need to do more research on how different these two are to one another.

This is day 23 from the day the seeds arrived in my mailbox. They are hung under an HLG 260xl in a 4x4. It would EASILY flower a 2x4. No sweat.

6 Likes

You’re gonna have a helluva sog!

3 Likes

@Chasfitter I’m out of likes. I’m hoping for a dense canopy. They are getting some ten gallon pots in a week or so. I just started nutes. They were a little droopy in that picture because the light is about to go off for the night.

4 Likes

Right bud is where i bought my hlg 260 xl

1 Like