Operation Misfits ShromXChocolope Start to Finish with QB

looks like your getting the same response i got from the qb they really stretch as sprouts but as they grow they tighten up my nodes are like @raustin mona’s nodes like 1/2 in apart. ( think these are the correct terms)

3 Likes

It looks like in the close up there is a minor minor up leave curl indicating that the fixture is pushing the envelope for proximity.

DAY 7- Let it snow! Naw just applied a preventative food grade DE application to supress soil gnats and hopefully keep the spider mites at bay.

6 Likes

did you order you DE online or get it locally i cant seem to find food grade in my area. FFOF has Gnats in the soil and i seen some scurry around today Do they hurt the actual plant i am finding mixed reviews that some of larvy will feed on smaller roots effecting the nutrient uptake. i bet the hydro store carries it.

You could try a farm supply store. I’m not sure a hydro store would carry it.

Yes, the larvae can harm the roots.

1 Like

yes I ordered on line. Just make sure you get food grade DE. Its also good for many household uses. Sprinkle it on your carpet to kill mites, human consumption to kill intenstinal parasites 1/2 tsp in the morning or before bed, in your yard for pest control etc. As far as plant use great for soil gnats and spider mites by dusting leaves and covering the soil. Just make sure to apply right after watering and scrape it off before next water as it has an alkali pH 8.0.

Try tractor supply they carry the food grade de if you have one nearby @Rayofsunshine

1 Like

I was reading online and they say that you can mix a 1:4 Ratio of H2O2 and that will kill the larvae in the soil.

1 Like

Girls are stretching them lil green fingers. Love this part. So quiet.

1 Like

DAY 8- the seedlings are picking up momentum

10 Likes

DAY 10- Been a busy day today as yesterday was out at an all day party with the squad. And you know that my lemon haze was the hit of the party. Sooo many red eyes lolz. Anyhoo today I sprayed the outdoor girls with peroxide mixture for a bit of an aphid an white fly infestation. I normally I alternate between neem and pyrethrum treatments but this close to harvest I dont want to affect the taste. Watered everything with pHd only and took some of the left over soil from early summer harvest and planted seed potatoes. Not much going on with the indoor grow. Seedlings are showing some more growth. 4th node sprouting now. Oh and I just ordered some femmed IGLM OG SKYWALKER for an indian summer harvest. They will start indoor and I’ll take them outside sometime early oct. They’ll pretty much go like auto’s. Enjoy your LABOR DAY!
Edit: Watering day today.

One of the misfits lets hope this ones a girl!

shot of the tent

GSC close to harvest

WW close to harvest

Growing potatoes with left over soil is a good way to re-purpose

11 Likes

How is your gnat problem?

1 Like

I never had one. I am a proponent of preventative maintenance :sunglasses:

1 Like

o cool i am getting some DE this weekend after buying a new car ins and plates my bank balance was 0 lol so i just hit her with some H202 water to kill any larvae the little shits might of layed

1 Like

DAY 11- the fifth nodes are popping and I fimmed them as well. trying to see how close to 2 dimensions I can keep these. Anyways they appear to be happy. Need to get cuttings ASAP to sex them and then I’ll have my 2nd gens which I can cross again either with the SHROM father or the Chocolope mother to lock in the desirable traits.

9 Likes

Loving the progress man. Loving it. Here’s to 10 viable healthy females to choose from… :beers:

I’ll drink to that brother!

DAY 12- Nothing different to see except building momentum. Fimmed leaves are developing more.

12 Likes

in the first photo all the white stuff on the top of your pots is DE am i correct? I went and got some today and put a thing layer on top of my girls soil and this influx of gnats tried to escape. I think this will do the trick in killing off the parents since i already killed the kids with my H202 wash.

yes it was a layer of DE. If I actually had gnats present I would have applied a thicker layer.