Operation: mindcrime

January 28th- well here we go, decided to get it over early today, I’m sure they hate me right now, 3 90’d no problem, 1 went but the main stalk seemed to split apart after I applied the clip, didn’t kink, the 1st one did kink, so we will see what comes of this, I can only hope this didn’t kill this grow, I will be constantly checking them all day and tomorrow.
Signed -fingers crossed

3 Likes

Have no fear, they dont call it weed for nothing. She can take a beating. In the future when using the clips, twist the stalk a little bit, back and forth until it gets kinda limpy, then apply the clip.

Tip: Its alot easier to train before flowering begins then after.

3 Likes

@Docnraq got it dead on here. They are far tougher than we seem to think. That’ll heal right up in no time

3 Likes

12 hour LST update: and just like that, 12 hours later, all the main colas have returned to their upright position compared to what I did to them this morning, and now I’m seeing a more evened out canopy, and way more flowering areas exposed :sunglasses:!!
This morning:

Tonight:

@Underthestairs @Docnraq thank you for being there throughout this, it was very traumatizing this morning lol :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not sure what happened there? Still trying to figure out the forum controls lol LST closeups top left clockwise :repeat:

2 Likes

I hear that! My first grow Me and the old lady snapped two plants mains in the process…they ended up being awesome!

Happy to help. :grin:

2 Likes

[Oii] update: January 28th: Tonight was the weekly sterilization day, sprayed area down with 70% isopropyl, they are colonizing at a good clip now, stage #2 may be here sooner the way they taking over the bag.

2 Likes

Do you intend on fruiting in the bag?

I have a tub (boomer shroomer) and
substrate I’ll be using, coco coir, vermiculite, and gypsum, basically mixing and layering for the next stage.

1 Like

But no, once the bag is all colonized, I open it up and break up the grains evenly and spread over base substrate and then cover with 1/2” substrate.

1 Like

CHEMICAL WARFARE!!! (a favorite Slayer song) this is the CAC of the operations, some giving to me, some from last grows, some new, other additions such as molasses and Epson salt.

Main measurement devices (have a new, better ph/temp. Device as back up for the cheaper yellow one) and of course a soil ph/temp./light prod.

January 29th- evening, just a good watering tonight, looking happy.

2 Likes

Yes indeedy

1 Like

January 30th- okay so I’m easing them into flower today, 1/3 of the flowering sites are beginning to shoot out some pistils, so currently I’m running in both ultraviolet and introduced today, infrared, (eventually when all begin flowering, full infrared)
Am I jumping the gun a bit here? They have been in veg. 7 full weeks (I’m including seedling :seedling: with this also) or should I wait with IR till they all (mostly) have pistils?
Close ups to follow-

1 Like

Close-up’s of the main colas top left clockwise :repeat: (also after tonight’s feeding, I’ll be introducing flower stacker and sweet and sticky in smaller doses, to begin with)

2 Likes

They look happy! Cant say about the light, mine only have the one setting, on. Looks like no one is any worse for wear from the training clips.

1 Like

Negative. The only time you’re jumping the gun is if they’re not mature enough to transition yet. And honestly even then, they’ll mature into it even on 12/12, so no big deal if it’s “too early.”

Or if you’re trying to fill a scrog net or something - then longer veg to fill your squares is ideal, but if it’s just going with your gut, I say go with it. :v: that’s how I roll

4 Likes

Same! I will take a gut feeling over hard data everytime.
Besides, and I know it doesnt seem like this now, you can just grow more if you screw up.

2 Likes

January 31st- I’m scoping many more flowering areas!
No watering tonight.

Pig tail root on my top left PAX.

I’ve got no advice to add on light supplementation, my lights have the red at all times, so I don’t add any extra. I bet they love it