Operation: mindcrime

I think you will be glad you flushed. Usually begin to notice difference in the dry tent. Either no hay smell or very light and disappeared well before the end of dry, is my experience. It makes sense really. The dry begins the process of breaking down chloraphyll and the cure finishes that process. Restricting nutes in the last two weeks kick starts the breaking down of chloraphyll prior to harvest. Which means less that needs dealt with post harvest. By the time the dry is done the chloraphyll has been being broken down for 3 weeks at least. This means less cure time before its ready to be consumed. Its shown on the DLI chart that the last two weeks the DLI requurement is much less. And if you dont meet it foxtails insue. So having the plant canabalize its leaves at this time is gonna help lessen the amount of photosynthesis it can do which fits perfectly with its needs. You gotta figure by fall all the nutes in a natural setting have been depleted and the fall is bringing new organic material to be broken down for the next season so this mimics nature also. Bro science…maybe…I can totally tell the difference when I dont do this. Thats all that I really care about.

1 Like

May 8th- Began the flush today.
TCC middle flowers-
Example A) middle PAX

Example B) right PAX

Example C) left PS

2 Likes

Exciting times. They look tasty

1 Like

May 9th- wow the leafs are changing really fast, like it’s fall in there lol

TCC
Example A) center top PAX

Example B) right top PAX

Example C) left top PS

{{OII2}} update-
So this time last week I mixed the bulk substrate after 50% of the mycelium colonized the grain as per directions and it continues

3 Likes

May 10th- ordered one of these gizmos to help in preparation, and to make it quicker when the time arrives

TCC-
Example A) middle PAX

Example B) right PAX

Example C) left PAX

Random:

3 Likes

I have often wanted one of those but always talk myself out of it. I feel like so many trichomes could get lost to a machine like that. Then I harvest like 1/2 lb of weed and by the time Im done trimming I kick myself for not having one.

2 Likes

Says it does wet and dry, I prefer wet trimming anyway because of what you stated, trichome loss, it’s a sticky situation lol, but either way it all collects at the bottom

1 Like

Right but its hard to collect them all. I think your gonna loose a lil either way, at least you dont have to trim anymore! Ill let you be my decision maker @Greenhell tell me how it is after you use it.

1 Like

Will do!:sunglasses:

1 Like

May 11th- TCC
Example A) middle PAX

Example B) right PAX

Example C) left PS

3 Likes

May 12th- itching to finish lmao!!!
TCC-
Example A) middle PAX

Example B) left lower PS

Example C) lower left PAX

It’s here, now to find the time and read the directions and assemble

3 Likes

Pretty self explanatory, using it, we will see very soon lol

3 Likes

May 13th- I’m gonna begin harvesting them this week, I will be wet/trimming/cutting them. From what I’ve researched it really doesn’t matter when using the trimmer, trichome and sugar leaf matter is collected in the bowl, plus it’s seems it tend to dry quicker, I use that accordion :accordion: net dryer.
Also as I researched I saw a few bigger grooming machines, from clippers to industrial yield trimmer machines, interestingly I saw what’s called cannabis trimming bags and was wondering if anyone has used this? Seems a bit pricey though I’ve heard good things about it.

They are walking the “green mile “ phase
TCC
Example A) middle PAX

Example B) right PAX

Example C) left PS

”Since your gone” - The Cars

2 Likes

I know someone on insta, who said he liked how fast it trimmed all his buds, but that it generated alot more trim then he was anticipating. Doesn’t make it bad per say just passing along what I heard. Fire looking harvest approaches!

1 Like

Pick it up on the TrimBag website. See if “GeminiG” is still an active discount code. I have one. I love it. I will never hand trim again. Plus if you breed seeds down the road, it’s super convenient because it shakes most of the seeds out along with the trim and popcorn. It ends up around $240 for the bag by itself but frankly the other stuff in the Amazon bundle is a head scratcher. Pick up a Trim Bin (from Harvest More, that has the arm cutouts) and you’ll have an easy method to trim, and then sift the kief and collect the other material for edibles processing (if desired)

Depends on how dry you let it get. I have over-dried my stuff pretty bad and lost maybe 1/4 of the plant’s weight to trim debris. If I catch it while it’s pretty fresh (ready for a regular dry trim), it’s probably closer to 1/8th of the plant weight, which I feel is fairly normal for me as a picky trimmer.

3 Likes

May 14th -
“ cleanse the leper, cast out the demons, WAKE THE DEAD!
Couldn’t wait anymore, they said it’s awesome you have followed us Growmies

**goodbye everyone **
Let’s see how this works out?

Okay so here’s my take on this gizmo…Awesomeness! last time, took me 3 days to trample through (4 plants) the last crop, this time 5 plants, approximately 6 hours, not including cleaning.

highly recommended for anyone wanting to cut time on harvesting, mine is only a 13” bowl, cranked 20 times CW, and 20CCW, give or take density of flowers and amounts, maybe 10 more each way, not perfectly groomed , but since this is my medicine, good enough, really came down to pulling off the bigger fan leafs, and well, sugar leafs if not to big, are now chopped roughly awaiting processing.

If I want to before jarring them for curing I can fine cut them, wait and see, so in conclusion for $75 including S/H, I’m glad I bought it.

5 Likes

April 15- well now that this grow is winding down, and I wait through the drying period, which should be that long t all, one of the advantages of wet cutting, I’ve learned a bit more about autos now, one thing for sure, they are quick to respond to a lot of different elements, timings, but mostly is that they truly do have a fast internal clock. Fun, and there will hopefully be more experience in the future with the autos, and experimenting.
I am currently growing photos on my other journal, Operation:AREOLACOLA.

I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts but that will be in the other journal.
Also continued coverage on the {{OII2}}

4 Likes

May 16th- holding 66-68 degrees and 65% Rh, a bit longer on the rack, figuring I’ll keep the bigger flowers in there bit longer

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

May 19th- all jarred up, sampling so far is…. Medically satisfactory, the taste is getting better, medically satisfactory, though what I’m using now are some popcorn escapee’s I found near the milk crate’s yesterday, not sure if PAX or PS, but it works to my liking lol

Jamming to some

Figure tomorrow is gonna be crappy, rain, wind… so it’s time to go a kiefing tomorrow lol, guess I’ll strain away and get a final tally, if you follow my other grow, stands at about 7 ounces, figure another 4 ounces worth of shake and Kief, and than, I’m afraid, it’s play time.

Never used one, though I’m sure it’s not as complicated as the sempco mixing machines I use at work lol :sunglasses:

3 Likes