Open room grow?

Hi everybody, I am just a girl growing plants in I VA where it’s now legal to have 4 plants. No need to hide them, the house is full of daylight, the summer is still bright. It’s late in the season but just started some blue cheese auto, and they are small and I am moving them inside and outside daily. I want to give them more light. Can I just hang a great grow light in a room with the plants, use a few reflectors and be good to go? I don’t need to hide the plants, have a ceiling fan and would prefer an open set up. I really appreciate your input on this! What an excellent forum! Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum sandy. Hopefully some one can help u to fill a support ticket

2 Likes

@Dclark @Sandy Welcome to both of you, to the ILGM forum.
Enjoy your stay. If you have questions, we have answers.

2 Likes

@Sandy Yes to all of that…just don’t be surprised when yo house start that stank :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks @RockClarke been here a while I’ll tag u in my journal

Welcome to the community. I grow in a tent but I have the door wide open. The bedroom door wide open as well.

I haven’t had a problem but it can cause problems.

1 Like

Welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Welcome @Sandy to the forum.
My first grow I just used a shelving unit with only the top and bottom shelves.
Growing an auto I placed the light below the top shelf until the plant grew taller then moved it above. I used a cardboard box to elevate the light. Simple white surfaces are good for reflecting. You dont really need shiny metallic surfaces. White dish towels will work.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the quick replies! I will buy a good light but not the tent for now then. I love the stank, but I suppose if you grow well, it could get overwhelming! It’s all new to me and really a fun hobby so far. Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is what I figured will end up happening, leaving the tent door open. Since covert growing is not required, it’s all easier (I hope)!

@Sandy Controlling the odor sometimes is about the less people know what you’re doing the better off you are. A TENT, exhaust fan an carbon filter will take care of that plus protect plants from light leakage when you decide to grow photos. Good luck

Thanks for this information Kellydans! So the photos are reliant on just massive amounts of light, then complete darkness on some schedule. It also seems true that yield for photos and autos increases significantly with better light. I don’t need high yield but the challenge is there, and I can’t help myself now. I might just bite the bullet and get a tent- but will start with the light because I know already my plants want more than just daily sun/partial shade.

1 Like

Hey, @Sandy , what part of VA are you in?? I’m in NC close to Greensboro.

1 Like

Up here in Loudoun County. Is NC legal at all yet? My folks live near Wilmington.

@Sandy , No! NC is not legal yet. I’m that covert grower!
I was thinking that if we were close enough, we could meet up if you were interested in a 2’x4’x6’ tent used in 2020. And 1 Viparspectra DS600w LED & 1 Viparspectra DS300w LED both dimmable. Also used last year grow season. These can get you up and running asap.
Like NEW!

2 Likes

@Sandy A quality light is worth every penny you pay for it. When you get ready an the time comes to buy a new light Lots of people here can help you choose a quality light to fit your budget and space.

1 Like

North Carolina medical cannabis very close . Keep your fingers crossed neighbor. :+1::v:

@kellydans you here too??

Yes, WNC

1 Like

@kellydans Way cool. This humidity is kicking my butt over here for the past few days. Even with dehumidifier in tent, its at 50 to 65 up and down. I’m in the 9th week of flower for this Banana Kush and she’s being flushed for the next week or so. Need that RH down to 40!!

1 Like