Only wilts at night weather is 75degrees

Hey guys I have a Candyland Peyote Fem Photo outdoors she looks good all day stand up praises the sun it get into the mid 80s she handles it nicely But once the sun goes down she seems to droop any ideas not sure if it’s due to under watering? Any help would be nice thank you everyone site has been very helpful!

1 Like

This is what it looks like during the day

1 Like

She’s just tired. She put in a hard days work. Once they hit their DLI they say “I’m done”. As they get older they’ll have more stamina.

3 Likes

@Bobbydigital is right, my plants do the same thing. The reason is during the day they are actively pumping water and are turgid. They also phototrope or aim at the sun, when the sun is gone they have nothing to aim at and no need to pump water.

4 Likes

@Cannabian said it best, with no sunlight they have nothing to grow towards and end up “sleeping” through the night. When the sun comes up, they wake up and perk right up. Totally normal.

2 Likes

Thanx guys very helpful! She’s the only one that does it out of my other plants so it was strange to see lol

2 Likes

That is kinda strange that only one does, but like @Bobbydigital said, that plant just works harder than the others. The plant looked good in my opinion!

Thank you only my second grow and already off to a better start

1 Like

@TheCandidCamper You’re welcome man! Happy to help anytime! And that’s great you’re off to a better start this time around. It’s a constant learning experience and the more you grow, the more you’ll learn and the better you’ll become at it. Good luck to you!:grin:

Yes plants do rest. My cheese would rest (wilt) at lights out and once light were back on they were praying to the gods again

A little update started some LST

1 Like

1 Like

I have 4 plants and only one does the drooping at night like yours always perked up in the mornings when the light hits her. She is bigger then the other 4 so I guessing shes more tired

1 Like

Yea always droops and she is the biggest out of all mine also I did some LST and Topped a second time and she loved it

Just a update lol she still wilts but hit the 5ft mark shes sharing with her sister :slight_smile: