One strawberry kush is struggling

A question from a fellow grower:

I recently ordered three seeds from you (Strawberry Kush). Two of the three seeds did well and are about 3" in height but the one is really steuggling. It’s about.5" and discolored.

Strain (type, bag seed): Strawberry Kush
Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: SOIL
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: 6.4
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: 550PPM
Indoor or outdoor: INDOOR
Light system, size?: 250WATT
Temps day, night:71F - 73F
Humidity day, night 40/40
Ventilation system (yes/no, size): YES 6"
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: HUMIDIFIER
Co2 (yes/no): NO

Type of soil is important information it helps to rule out if it is the main cause of any issue some soils are Hot meaning nutrient rich and can be unsuitable for starting seeds

Hi. I’m using nutrient-free potting soil mixed with a little perlite to help aerate the soil. The other two seedlings are doing excellent. It’s my first time buying seeds from here. I thought they might replace the seed. Oh well. Any help you can give me is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to ilgm
Don’t over water and make sure ph is ok, other than that give her time. Patience is the key here. Just like children some grow quicker than others. Give her time to do her thing and I suspect she will be fine. Stay away from nutes until they get bigger and you should be good. I personally have grown this strain and it’s a hearty strain, gets nice and bushy and very tasty.

Keep us posted…
Happy growing.

2 Likes

@Blazed311

Welcome to ILGM

What kind of soil are you using?

From the other stats your temps are a little on the low side especially daytime would be better at about 77. Also when are you getting a 6.4 ph? Is that a runoff or what you are watering with?

I’m also going to guess that your lights are too far away if your seedling are 5 inches tall already. That sounds like they are stretching for the light

What sort of 250 Watt lights do you have? Are the CFL or LED or what?

A few more details and we can probably get you back on track!

Thanks for the info unfortunately the seedling has died. At least I got two out of the three seeds to grow. My other 10 plants are flowering now. They were from a different seed bank. Thanks again!! @bob31

ok bud. If you need anything else give a yell.