One of the girls isn't playing nice

this Lady was the first one out of the dirt,threw out both leaves in record time and proceeded to get ball long and lanky despite her preferential treatment with then front row seats to the show with the biggest PAR available,the fan always blowing gently. So little effort is going into the foliage above but more into it seems the stemmage( and hopefully the root system) ,
My question is should i give consideration to adding a bit of soil around the exposed stem to help support it later in its life cycle? Does one do such a thing successfully?Will disease and other factors and stresses typically make this a fools errand?

2 Likes

I think we need some pics of the ladies.

1 Like

as soon as I get home …
Btw ,her stem is getting very extra reddish burgundy if that makes sense.
Previously it had shown signs of a pale creamy green on the top half and the very bottom.
Im a bit of a dork when it comes to details,take a lot of notes,enjoy weights and measures.Cause and reaction or result. Observation.
My biggest daily gainers on the length of the 2nd real set of leaves showed a reduction in the length of the 1st real set for the day.
Why?
Was I not providing enough water? So the plant prioritized the newest veg?
Also,If white is such a decent reflector of light why isn’t someone punching out humidity domes with white interiors and clear/vented tops.

1 Like

Absolutely, if its possible to add soil then it is a good chance it will grow roots from the stem.

Careful to not over water and there should be no problems with “damping off”.

2 Likes

@1HappyPappy . Even though its an auto.?

1 Like

Seedlings can and will look all kinds of weird sometimes/ most of the time.
Why? Who knows :man_shrugging: genetics, temperature, humidity, the wind speed on the north side of a west bound train​:thinking: its anyones guess really…

Over watering can be a killer for young seedlings so better to underwater then over.
But typically stretchy seedlings are caused by low light intensity or sometimes the spectrum can effect it.
What kinda light you got on them, how far away is it, and if dimmable what setting is it on?

2 Likes

For sure. Adding soil to the base covering the stem is something lots of growers do, sometimes i hit mine with rooting hormone just because :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its 12" under a Kind X40 veg getting 18 hrs. of anywhere from 175 -250 micromoles/m2/s depending on how they’re looking than 6 hrs under a 40W Full Spectrum White LED @ 175- 325 micromoles/m2/s.
Temp- 76-80
RH-65%-82%,
most often 78-79 and 75%-81%.
The rest of the forementioned range is after opening the clone tent and destabilizing the environment for 1/2 hour.

1 Like

Sry freind feel asleep and omw to work atm. .
But posts a picture if ya can so we can see what you’re working with.
I use a t5 or a cfl screw in bulb fot the first couple 3 weeks or so on mine. .
If mine start getting to stretchy I lower the light really close to them, but my light is super weak at this stage…
I want to suggest moving the light closer but im not sure that is exactly what yo do with out seeing them.

Or honestly man, if you can support them anyway you can just so they don’t fall over.
Be it by something to just prop them up or filling in with soil, and they should be just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

no need to be sorry,i appreciate all your time and advice. When I’m done with my property work I’ll snag a photo or two.
I’ll be transplanting into 5 gallon containers soon so i figured i’d do the reinforcing if necessary than so i’m not stressing the ladies twice.
Also when I do transplant,these girls will be going into soils but i’m thinking i should not be pushing anything too hot(nutes) up against the bare stem of my trouble making,lanky agent 2/6.
Am I correct in using perhaps a little coco coir with some worm castings mixed in and after a week perhaps bathe the new soil addition in a worm casting tea?
Rt now it’s just a 50% strength of Bergmans Seedling Boost that they’re receiving.
3 of these ladies are but 9 days above soil. and thats only been 2 days.

1 Like