One got away from me

This one branch got away from me on the LST and has now shot up a good 6-8 inches above everything else. It looks like it showing signs of light stress, I think (yellow tips). What should I do, raise the lights, lop it off, let it burn, try and train it down. Thoughts.

4 Likes

Imo, you can’t go wrong with super cropping it. Just pinch it at the desired height between nodes, and roll and squeeze till you break it at a 90⁰.

7 Likes

@RockymountainHigh so would you super crop everything that is sticking up to high or just hit them as they go wild to keep everything level?

1 Like

I wouldn’t supercrop much early in flowering, but it’s probably the best thing to do with the one that got away. Be sure to bruise the stem to soften it up before you bent it down. Probably a good idea to tie it down too. It is going to right itself trying to get to the light, especially when she is stretching in early flower.

2 Likes

That early in the grow I would spread each cola to the next square of netting and spread the plant out as flat as possible.

2 Likes

Supercrop and tie it down so that it stays level with the others

1 Like

I think many growers on here miss understand the screen of green concept, I see a lot of pictures of plants growing up through a net like a Christmas tree. The goal is to keep all those colas spread out flat to cover the most square feet possible.

6 Likes

If possible, I would reposition that plant so that I could use the screen to do the training. Move it about 4 inches towards the camera and slightly to the left. I think that will give you opportunities to level out the other branches as well.

2 Likes

Yep ,@RockymountainHigh I agree once the plant has grown halfway through the net it’s pretty much useless.

2 Likes

Often times the net is more of a “cola support” system rather than a plant height management system. My first SCROG effort was like that, but I have a better handle on the training now.

4 Likes

Its the running out of them square feet that i have a problem with!

6 Likes

Very nice , spread out filling up the space.

2 Likes

I agree with @CurrDogg420, try and move plant and spread the colas out good luck.

3 Likes

Personally I would let the main cola do its thing. I’d adjust the rest via the Scrog netting. I’m a sucker for massive colas like this poor small one.

6 Likes

Massive colas are nice. Sometimes I need a second layer of trellis net to support them.

4 Likes

Yeah agree cola support , also Spread the plant out fill up the space and maintain a even canopy.:+1:

2 Likes

Took the advise and did some clean up. Better?
Second pictures is the plant in question, super cropped and tied down. First is the whole grow tent.

4 Likes

It looks great man! :+1:

You don’t need it yet, but in case you do I wanted to point out my other trick. You can pull down the corners of your trellis net. That, and moving the pot, are my “power tools”. You can make a pretty big change in the overall shape of the canopy by manipulating those 2 things.

2 Likes

That looks amazing bro!

That’s a howitzer!

1 Like