One for the Money, Two for the Show, Three to Get Ready and Four to Grow

I’m treating 3 plants because a hermie plant is supposed to produce less pollen. I’m staggering the plants because while the female will be receptive all through flowering (8+ weeks), the hermies are supposed to only flower for a few weeks.

I’m also looking into a “collar” to put around the base of the plants to collect any pollen. Maybe even growing the plants sideways over the female/slash pollen collector. Might as well, Karla already thinks I’m loony.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna come out and say it, fabric pots rule. I love the root development.

When I say the roots filled the pot, the roots really filled the pot. 7 gallon/4 months

You can still see more in the soil that I knocked out.

So the word on the mainlined Super Skunk is 6 ounces currently curing,

2 oz. for cannabutter mostly for brownies (Who am I kidding, it’s all for brownies.) and a few oz of mostly trim in the freezer. All in all, I am quite pleased and I’m planning my next mainline.

3 Likes

The other two plants from my seed experiment are looking mighty scraggly. I think I’m gonna forego the silver treatments and just continue with the timeline. One of these will join it’s sister/brother in the flowering tent this week and the last one will go in a week after.

2 Likes

First successful hermie.

This on the plant treated for two weeks.

All the plants are in the tent and now we wait.

@Arrow

5 Likes

Well done :muscle: …does that even sound right ??? …I’m taking notes …:ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

I got these new coco coir pellets.

They are quite large and stable. I put a couple of Super Skunk in after germination and this is day four.

I removed their helmets and put them outside for their first morning sun. About 15 mins for now.

This is one of my bag seeds. I have four that went in the pot 5 days ago. They really took off yesterday and I didn’t notice the collar.

3 Likes

Good stuff Texas. Good growing.

1 Like

Is that something you wanted? Looks like a male. You sure it’s a BI? I see the hairs. Why did you do that? I know why. How many times have you done this? I understand the process. Why wouldn’t you just pollinate them with a male. Fem. seeds are funny sometimes. Looks like you got it under control.

2 Likes

Yep.

Yep.

That’s how you know

To create feminized seeds.

Then why did you ask?

This is a first.

I’m gonna do that, too.

Why thank you.

4 Likes

Remember this? Re-veg 20 days after harvest on 5/09

Here she is today.

3 Likes

Referring to post 87: That is new to me. Do you wash all of it or only outdoor grown?

1 Like

I wash it all.

2 Likes

You pick then immediately wash and then hang up for drying?
You use lemon juice, baking soda, and H2O2?

2 Likes

I use the baking soda to ensure the rinse water stays above 7ph. It only takes a few pinches at most.

I cut down and trim the bud. Wash first in lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons per gallon), then in peroxide (ditto on the amount) and then in water PHed at about 7. Dry and cure like normal.

2 Likes

Thanks!

My seed mom in 3rd week of flower.

2 Likes

Yes. I won’t wash all the fat calyxes that I knock off on purpose. But I think I wash everything else.

Wash??? :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth:

1 Like

All you’ll have to do is wash your bud once and then you’ll always wash it.

2 Likes

@oldmarine Just watched some videos on it…… ewwwww nasties!!! I grow inside but the dust and stuff probably wouldn’t hurt to get off lol no one wants to smoke that crap! And who knows what little bugs snuck up in there.
By the way your plants are incredible!! :star_struck::star_struck: I can’t believe how big they get!

Never even knew washing was a thing. NOW I KNOW!!

1 Like