One for the Money, Two for the Show, Three to Get Ready and Four to Grow

Freakin’ caterpillars. Dusted all the plants with diatomaceous earth. thcfarmerPhoto credit: The new guy on THCFarmer

Dad bought a 5 gallon bucket of diatomaceous earth late last year. Turns out he was eating it. He developed an intestinal blockage (duh, it’s dirt) and I convinced him to stop. Eating dirt that is. He still buys every book on hidden treatments and cures. I shouldn’t complain because his penchant to collect the thing he thinks we will need has actually worked in a small way. Very small. Take the caterpillar situation.

I discovered Dad was eating diatomaceous earth in Nov. last year. We put up some pegboard in 2016 to get an idea of the things we have. Net gain, almost 5 gallons of diatomaceous earth and I found and placed a “glitter gun” on the pegboard above Dad’s freezer. When the caterpillars showed up, I was ready for them. Of course I’m ready for pretty much anything. The glitter gun came out of a set of boxes that have enough birthday party supplies that all I’d need is a few cakes and I’m ready to go. For years. Decades maybe…

I had to cut off some bud and did a thorough inspection and will probably dust all the way up until harvest. Nothing in Karla’s Korner was touched and that surprised me.

This is my current experiment.

I took clones from my first mother plant after she’d been in the flowering tent for two weeks.

Another experiment I’d like to undertake is creating my own feminized seeds. Does anyone have experience with this process? I bet you can guess from where I got a supply of colloidal silver. FYI, too much and your (well, my) Dad will turn blue.

It’s been a bumper season for tomatoes. I decided to take some cuttings from the beefsteaks. I really like fried green maters…

2 Likes

That sucks. Looks like you caught them early!

1 Like

Did you get it set. I am able to post pics so maybe all’s well…

Tammy needed to come out of her 2 gallon pot. I decided to place her outside.

I was going to put her out front but a spot became available in Karla’s Korner so that’s where she went…

2 Likes

This is the best description of “not sand” that I think I’ve ever seen.

Karla’s Korner is coming along great! I can’t wait to see the grow take off!

2 Likes

Do you see what I see?

3 Likes

Ain’t she purdy?

4 Likes

Excellent !!

We were out of Texas last week. Came back yesterday to a lot of work. Karla’s Korner is looking great.

We had to take out another male. That means I have room for another plant with just enough time for a proper grow. I just got some White Widow seeds and they seem like a good candidate.

My first Bubblegum (5/15) is looking good. Her name is Betty Boop. She really appreciates a good misting. Either straight water or add .75 to 1 ml of calmag of some sort

My second OG Kush (6/04) is almost ready for flowering. She got a haircut yesterday and still hasn’t shown her sex.

The stripped OG and Bubblegum are in flower. I’m not expecting much from either so they won’t be named.

It’s great to be home. I’ll include the White Widow grow in this blog. As a matter of fact, I’ll just make this a continuous blog for all my future grows/experiments. I’m sure you won’t mind.

Karla says I need to post a pic so people can put a face to the thoughts. My best pic is of when I had a longer beard. Karla said there is something wrong with my eyes but I can’t see it…

7 Likes

Outmotherfreakinstanding :+1:

3 Likes

Damn. How tall do you think those are?

1 Like

A little over 10’…

1 Like

Thank you…

2 Likes

Greetings! Attempting my first grow, what is this technique called your doing and what are it’s benefits? It’s a great picture, btw :blush: (opps, sorry, I thought my comment would be with the photo… it’s the one with the little hooks pulling down the branches…)

2 Likes

Your comment is also on the pic. It’s called mainlining or manifolding. This is my first year of doing this technique. It allows for an even canopy for indoor grows with limited space. Tammy was put outside last week…

2 Likes

She’s doing real well too. I am really pleased with the technique.

I had to put a cage around her because the animals around here know no boundaries…

3 Likes

You misspelled “perimeter”! :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Look, I know the hamster monitors my post and I don’t need to give him any more ideas. First his cage becomes a perimeter, then a no-go zone, then the next thing you know he’s building weapons in his secret lab with world domination on his mind. Don’t tell me it’s not a possibility, I’ve seen Pinky and the Brain.

It’s a cage. The dogs have their cages. The tomatoes have their cages. The hemp plants have their cages. Now the hamster can use a non sequitur like “secret lair” but it’s still his cage. Besides, Karla says I can’t use perimeter to describe our property lines because it scares our neighbors. So, if I can’t use it, no one can…

2 Likes

Tammy gave me 4 clones today. I went out to trim away her lower growth and found some nice cloning candidates.

This is the slow growing Jack Herer.

Here are her sisters germinated the same day.

This is her sister that is mainlining.

3 Likes

Karlas Corner needs scaffolding !!!

Beautiful plants !!

4 Likes