One for the Money, Two for the Show, Three to Get Ready and Four to Grow

Looks great!

3 Likes

They are beautiful

1 Like

21 days ago.

This morning.

From above and the other side of the plant.

8 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: she sure did fill out

1 Like

I made a big mistake this year. I planned on putting 8 plants outside for normal growing. I grew 4 White Widow and 4 Super Skunk from clones in my tent for the first couple of months. I put them outside late May.

They did real well and I thought everything was gonna go great. Then they started showing signs of reveg. First with a whole bunch of single bladed leaves and then the duck feet. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

I had a couple of reveg plants I was working and just added these to the experiment. A couple I left alone. Just let them grow. A few I went in and trimmed off different levels of the new growth. I was trying to give the plant space between the bud sites so I wouldn’t have to deal with bugs and rot. A couple I just cut out the whole top of the plant.

This is one of those plants I did nothing with. She grew about 16" when I first placed her outside and stopped growing taller.

Her buds are heavy and the lower branches are in need of support.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I got 6-8 ozs from her.

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with short and stocky lol…
She looks nice

2 Likes

"short and squatty, all tail no body " :smiley: (something the black dude next door said to me about a girl in our neighborhood growing up. i laughed SO hard and obviously it “stuck with me” lol)

1 Like

Except I was hoping for some monsters. Last year, some of my biggest plants were some of my first clones (from bag seeds). This year I was gonna do the same thing with known good genetics.

I’ve identified several possible problems with my plan. The first being that I put them out too early. Next year they will go out in late June or early July. Also I changed the lighting in my veg tent to 14/10. This way the plants won’t be “shocked” when I move them outside.

Live and learn. I’m just happy to be playing in the dirt…

5 Likes

Same here. I just need more dirt.

2 Likes

Here in East Texas, we don’t have dirt. We have “sand”. It’s actually the dust that blew out of Oklahoma during the 30s.

I have to build my own soil, hence the fabric pots. I can repurpose it next year…

3 Likes

I’m close to the coast …close enough anyway that there too much sand in my soil too…

I’m going to be looking into soil options might start my own compost or try living soil

And sorry they aren’t monsters …but I’m confident you’ll tweak it till you find the sweet spot !!

2 Likes

@Lacewing this was the super soil i did

:alien: happy growing
and cook it for 60 days

3 Likes

Saved to photos thank you !!!

1 Like

Ya I’m too close to the gulf to have dirt.

2 Likes

How much does this make?

2 Likes

Appears will be like 5-7cu ft when said and done. Probably more towards the 5 side with the compost being “heavy” like it is which will “tamp” it down some no doubt.

I did two of the 3.5cu ft Pro-mix BX with mycorrhizae, 2 one cu ft bags .5-.5-.5 compost/manure, and 2 one cu ft bags of worm castings and it seems to be a nice “super soil” mix. Could have added more but didn’t seem to need to my friend. My plants THRIVED in that this year and i will probably mimic it again for next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too late to edit on that but btw, that yielded right around 12cu ft. I didn’t fill the 12cu ft raised planter box all the way because i wanted a “watering border” if you will of a few inches to hold it in. That gave me enough to fill the holes of the “dug in” ladies out back and a few pots for clones/startlings :slight_smile: I’d like to say it was my soil, that gave them that best start as they were doing VERY well in it before i even started the compost tea route on nutes. I could NOT seem to “dial in” the liquid nutes and seemed like i stunted them at least 3 times in their early veg states. Once i switched to compost tea in that “living soil” they went bonkers in growth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It just seems like a lot to me. I mix my soil as I need it. Usually about 10 gallons at a time… That way I have enough for three 3 gallon pots and 4 quart clone/seedling bags.

4 parts coco coir (I get the 5 kilo blocks and rehydrate with calmag water)
1 part Black Kow and/or wormcastings for indoors and 2 parts for outdoors.
1part perlite
2tbls bat guano per gallon
2tbls mycorrhiza per gallon

This is clone/seedling friendly and that’s what they go in. For my vegging plants I amend the soil with Happy Frog at half strength and they are good for the first month

2 Likes

@oldmarine makes 4 --39 gallon trashcans about 3/4 full . so like enough to do 17 -7 gallon fabric pots . or 12 (10) gal. pots . and when your ready to use it put all back in kiddy pool and remix then add perlite to your liking . i cooked mine for 60 days in black trashcans with lids on tight and bungee corded down add 3 watergallons to each can mix up in can to start , then add about 1gal. every week or two and stir.

2 Likes

yeah, i had bought that much because i needed to fill (or so my initial thought process was) that raised planter box i built with 12cu ft. I could have HALFED that recipe (1 bag of each) and done everything i needed to in pots, the ground out back and still had some left over. That planter box ate most of it up :wink:

1 Like