One Down Two To Grow

On a side note, elated that my CFL cords came allowing me to begin some final reorganization of my lights, fans, screen etc, I took the afternoon off. LOL

Got the tent squared away and now working on my backyard plot (pics to follow). I planted my Kiwi Skunk in the ground. If my buddy doesn’t pull through with the 3 northern climate clones he promised, then I will put my other two seedlings outside as well. I am planning a four plant (maybe three) scrog outside also. Posts up, fencing nearly done and two days of overcast and rain coming to nurse my baby along through transplanting.

3 Likes

We missed 4:20 but beer:30 is coming up soon! @Screwauger

3 Likes

Sounds good @Screwauger
I have poured a lovely gin and tonic with a good buzz from my first sample of white widow I have six to harvest in the coming weeks sure hope we do it right work is slow I am calling in sick tomorrow

3 Likes

Outta likes John @Patsbasement

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

@bob31
Hey Bob, I got one of my six white widow’s that is obviously stressing and turning yellow with big Fat buds But I can’t tell if anything is turning amber seven weeks into flower

7 weeks is getting there! Do you have a grow journal on here?

No but I started one for my next grow I have some stuff is on there

Tag me over to what you have @Patsbasement

I had an ice cold Heineken out of the garage fridge while I worked on this:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/136619142@N07/35Q139

https://www.flickr.com/gp/136619142@N07/9T04nu

7 Likes

Nice, I’m nursing a blueberry Wachusett as we speak! @Screwauger

How many are going in there total?

1 Like

Three or Four @bob31. My buddy seems to be stalling me every time I ask for my three clones he was raising so, if that falls through I have two seedlings that I will put in there. I am going to put that same fencing over the top and scrog them all. It’s a sketchy set up as it might get 4-5 hours direct sun a day. no more than that.

2 Likes

Former buddy?

I hear ya. It might be enough. Looks like it’s well protected!

1 Like

Looks pretty secure from the deer and the moose, but I’m sure you have a 12 gauge to also

1 Like

A moose could sure have their way with my fencing. I am more concerned about the darn ground hogs. Once established and of decent size will likely remove the perimeter fencing and just leave a scrog fence on top. Of course, my choc. lab might need the fence to stay the heck outta there.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. The transplants into the autopots appear to have made it without much sign (if any) of shock. They stalled a day or two but that’s to be expected. Both appear sturdy, stocky and I even noticed this a.m. that each may have started to grow a 1/2" or so.
Tomorrow will be day 5 in the autopots and I will be feeding them with full strength nutrients, calimagic and super thrive. They need to be hand watered until established in the autopot (10-21 days) before filling the reservoir and turning on the tap. After that happenes, the growth will be explosive based on my reviews of autopots.

1 Like

A few update pics without the LED’s. Found a spider in the tent this morning so mixed up a batch of neem oil spray and saturated everything. As noted, first feeding last eve.

12 Likes

looks good! @Screwauger happy tent!

1 Like

Is it possible I have my lights too close causing them to be so compact, squatty? Their sister who was born a couple days earlier, was placed outside and she is at least 4inches taller with some space between nodes. Lights are at about 20-24" (except half of that CFL is more like 10").

It could be that or genetics of the individual plant @Screwauger

I need to go backup and see what you have for lights. Generally I recommend following the manufacturer’s directions. We also have charts for the distances for the different lights in another section.

I asked the guy I bought my lights what they recommended for distance from plants and I got an email back saying the xyz lamps may be effective from 3cm to 300cm

I was like geez no kidding really?hahahaha

My manufacturer recommends a somewhat ridiculous 48 inches. I did have them quite high to start (seedlings) but my zest for growth has seen me ratchet those hangers (got same/similar ones as you) every few days with no signs of stress other than the stockiness. I think I should raise them a foot or so for a few days as the stems are getting bigger but they’ve been sort of stuck at 3" tall for over a week (it seems).

1 Like