One branch different from the rest

Oops was meant to be :blush: not :sob: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Borderryan22 …are you saying beast in a good way???..her smell is divine and ever so sticky

Does powdery mildew cause mould on buds also ??
I have peroxide in my horses first aid kit so will make some up…thanks for that tip guys as I think I have a good 8 weeks to go

Most larvae pests can be dealt with, with a biological like BTI(k), the bugs eat these bacteria and they in-turn eat the bug from the inside out.
Bud rot is Botrytis, diff. animal altogether and toxic

2 Likes

Lol sorry, ya, beast in a good way. As already put, “queen of queens”

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::purple_heart::purple_heart:
She smells regal​:purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Only time I’ve seen anything look like this is a plant that has reverted back to vegetative state after being in flower… but ive never seen just one branch do it :man_shrugging: .
Idk what to say other then i cant wait to see what happens next! :grin:

1 Like

Dang, if that branch is confused, it may never flower, just keep poping preflowers then vegging out and repeating…
That would be a “nightmare mutation” I think :flushed:

2 Likes

The more i look and you saying this.
That branch is confused.
This is exactly what a “reveg” is and what it does.
Its so weird though that only one branch is doing it🤔

1 Like

This is a good observation, and could very well be and really odd only one branch on the entire plant. I have a bunch of late flower clones that looked like that for a week while reverting, I didn’t make the connection obviously.
There are sprays like Switch/Florel that assist floral greenhouses in controlling flower timing by boosting the ethylene production. Don’t know what’s available down there in Australia, but you said you have horses, so you must also have a good Ag supplier, ask them what they have that has “Ethephon” in it.

2 Likes

How do you treat bud rot?

You cut it off/out and discard, like most molds, it can get you sick.
Spray the adjacent buds down with h202/fungicide, and try to keep the humidity down, but outdoors its just a gamble being at momma natures mercy.
Do a multi dip h202/lemon water/rinse budwash at harvest prior to drying and curing.

1 Like

What is h202???
Bud rot is my concern as Aussie Blue is prone to it and first time growing it.
The weather here is mainly a dry heat but it is autumn now and the weather will soon change…probably our last week in the high 80s

I also had a plant last year that went the whole year without budding…ended up feeding it to the cow after 16 months :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you meaning spraying it with peroxide/water mix?

1 Like

H202 is hydrogen peroxide, yes, just me being lazy. Its a gamble outdoors just based on unpredictability of rain and humidity.

Found a couple bits of bud rot on my plant this morn which I pulled off
What do I do now…do I spray the whole plant and is it 50/50 h2o2 and water
Is there a prevention or is it just something I have to live with

This is the first time with these strains so in known territory…normally grow home grown unnamed variety :rofl:

2 Likes

Depends on the h2o2 used.
If you got the 3% I’m thinking diluting it down to 1% would work.
That one be 1 part h2o2 and 2 parts water.
But 50/50 would be just fine i believe, if you have the brown bottle 3% hydrogen proxide (h2o2 for sort)
Fun fact about hydrogen proxide. H2o2 is
2 hydrogen atoms and 2 oxygen atoms.
1 Very loosely bonded hydrogen atom is all that separate proxide from water which is h2o, (1 hydrogen atom bonded with 2 oxygen atoms)

So we humans are about 90% water right?
Well 1 single weakly bonded hydrogen atom is all it would take for us (or any living thing for thst matter) to just fizzle away into foam :cold_sweat:.

3 Likes

Hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Will spraying the whole plant weekly buy me my 8 weeks ??

You’re a plethora of info and I can’t thank you enough

I have a plant in a pot that isn’t very healthy and pretty sure it’s bud rot and caterpillars ( dealt with them

It’s clone is as healthy as anything

Alas I decided to chop my mutant alien off as it rained today and it held way too much water and am having enough trouble with mould caused by bloody caterpillars

I took a lower branch off in hope to Clone it for a curiosity plant…hope all goes well :smile::smile:

4 Likes

So was the weird branch ever damaged as a smaller plant or some high stress training to it maybe ?? Kinda weird it appears to be like a whole different type of plant growing out of that one lol.

2 Likes

Other than the odd branch cracking in the wind, no damage…the branch actually had buds lower down…you are right, bloody wierd :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like