One branch different from the rest

Apologies, I’m not sure what you are asking, she looks great. The Fluted stem, that is normal on a mature plant, in actuality makes it structurally stronger. It appears to be a genetic mutation, its not infectious, it may be a genotype that could be handed off to offspring if you were seeding her. Alternating nodes is normal for a mature plant. So what Am I missing?

3 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien …sorry about confusion.
The nodes are so tiny am worried it may be a male branch…but at the moment it is sending up smaller and smaller leaves
I am just paranoid as I want to see what the alien ends up like and if it will bud (be murder pruning)…but don’t want it polinaying my girls

2 Likes

The one I tagged with an F looks like a female bracht, and the two red leads should show as pistils. The circles and ?, I’d like to see better pics…clusters are how the males drop…like gangs.

2 Likes

Ok ok…the balls are singular and have been turning into leaves…it is just so hard cos they are so tiny and everything looks like a ball

Lost the branch I just took a photo of as the alien is so so big :rofl::rofl:

But the morning sun is showing to be female in my eyes…don’t need a Hermie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Check this I posted for a grower yesterday and a few posts above…show what you need to know

1 Like

Looks like Bud sites, that thing is going gonzo. Keep an eye on it.
I see your in Australia or id be begging you for a cutting. I’m in for the ride, ill offer what advice I have.

3 Likes

No knowing your skills, I’d pull some cuttings on her JIC this is the Xenomorph queen of queens; it could just be a total fluke or a genetic anomaly you might want to run again. Before she goes to full flower, and you have the headache of reversing the hormones, her growth should root fast.

1 Like

We have opened our borders so come on over :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien not sure how to reverse the hormones, have never done before
The rest of the plant is in full bud

This is a bud off its mumma

3 Likes

Let her rip, she’s off the rails. You’re gonna have a happy harvest, that I can say
well your trim hand is gonna get one hella-workout).

If you really wanted to, you could pull cuts from low on the plant, but seeing that cola formation, the ethylene is pumping, they’re gonna have a re-veg cycle… they get a bit funky but rebound.

1 Like

Am def curious on how they turn out. Might buy a bud trimmer if there are any good ones around

Will have to build a frame as they are in my vegie garden and AB and AKs are renowned for mould and we will get rain sooner or later

If you think you might get WPM, spray when you don’t have it… Pot-Sil is universally used, and canna loves the extra of both the K late flower and Si, talk to a local Ag supplier down there.

2 Likes

I juuuuust caught up. Looks like @Pet_de_Chien got you squared away. He’s a little more inclined than I. But I definitely agree, you could have a beast there. I want to see what happens with it!

3 Likes

What’s wpm??

Mine are all organically fed so am not familiar with all the stuff from the hydro shops
I do however give them AddBud for the last month to swell and tighten them up…dunno what’s in it tho :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pot ash from my fire and Banana skins for the P and K
And a soluble fertilizer for flowers from the local hardware which is high in P and K…it seemed to work last year…had one plant give me 2 1/2lb cured​:smile::smile::smile:

You can tell I really don’t know what I am doing but having bloody fun doing it and choosing it :blush::cowboy_hat_face::blush:

2 Likes

WPM is white powdery mildew. You can fill a spray bottle with 50/50 peroxide to water and mist to kill the mildew if it shows up.

1 Like

Also just caught up :rofl:

I think you’re gonna love that lady. She looks great

1 Like

Well your making the RIGHT mistakes!!!

WPM is white powdery mildew… I fight it on my squash/zucs/cucs every rainy year easy to get rid of, but timing is everything, whole milk or potsil.

Potash yes – K everyone pumps P in flower…its K. but anyway.
Happy your having fun, I’m enjoying watching and if I can help ya, ask away, and I love the mutant plants.

1 Like

Last year was white flowers this year aliens :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah got squashes and pumpkins growing with them so will def keep and eye out
Caterpillars from the cabbage moths are also my bug bear!!
Thanks for the help :sob:

1 Like