One big plant or multiple less big plants

So to start, I have a 4x4 VIVOSUN grow tent (48x48x80) and a mars hydro grow light (600W). While me and my friend were building the tent, he said that rather than growing 4-6 plants, I should grow one big one, and that doing so would get me a higher yield, is this true? Is it better to have one big plant, or multiple smaller plants, I believe smaller and more is better, is it even possible for one plant to even grow big enough in a grow tent that size to out yield multiple plants? He also said that the plant would benefit from being the only one in light, but I don’t think this is true either. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, I can see the logic but it also has its disadvantages. Think about if you put all your eggs in one basket and your one plant doesn’t make it. Plus that’s a lot of space for a single plant.

6 Likes

With that light, you won’t be getting a great yield. I grow big plants. This is grown under 2 HLG 260xl rspec lights.

Top photo the plant hit over 7 feet tall and over 8 feet wide. It grew out of the tent.

Second photo is me holding another beast. I had to cut the top off.

5 Likes

@SKORPION, has a valid point, I agree. However opinions very around here. I have seen growers who can fill that space with just one, but that would take lots of experience…

Are you planning on using that Mars light or the entire life cycle?

4 Likes

Yes, I am, and that’s why I think more smaller plants is probably the way to go @Zee

1 Like

@Mumbis I thought so, it’s maybe why you got feedback to grow one plant…

That light, from what I have been told, won’t get the job done in flowering stage. @MrPeat is speaking on experience. I have a similar light to yours, and will be ditching it soon, am going old school with 600w MH and HPS bulbs. Do you know someone who used that light with success? I bought mine based of reviews, but after seeing these experienced growers yield, quickly switched.

In a 4x4 I know, based of my 3 weeks in this forum, and my 20 days of growing, that 1 light won’t cover it. You are obviously excited about your grow. We’re here to help!

5 Likes

@Zee is right I was ordering that light and got talked out of it.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat! Bought thr light came here ,no beano any links on your lights?? Just wanna grow 2 . 3x3x6 tent

3 Likes

@Zee do you think smaller and more are the way to go? Or are you suggesting I get another grow light? I think it’d be ok for a few small plants, but again I’m not an expert or even well versed lol

1 Like

Well optimal is like 50 watts real watts per foot I believe and that light was truely a 100 watt. Who was explaining that earlier @Zee I forgot.

3 Likes

Does 600w mean 600w . Unlike 600w led? I see air cooled kits that look good. Any difference in bulbs??

1 Like

@Hellraiser Here ya go.

3 Likes

@Mumbis, I highly suggest you read @Hellraiser grow guide. Highly respected grower here, as are many others. My first grow and following his method am very confident I will be successful. He covers lights in his guide.

1 Like

Yeah he advised me on mine

2 Likes

Yes, switch out your lights. That burple will get you through veggie stage. Feel free to share what strains you will be growing :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-tsw-600-led-full-spectrum-hydroponic-led-grow-light

@Zee The light isn’t burple, but I see what you mean

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s mine but you may need a 1000 watt your tent is double the size of mine.

2 Likes

Same set up, 600W for my 3x3x6

1 Like

@SKORPION Thank you! I’ll definitely be looking into to getting an HPS like that, since I already have this light, I may run a grow with the one I have and see how it performs, and just place the plants more directly under the light. I have virtually everything else I need!

2 Likes