One badass hydro journal

Wet dream strain which is blue dream x lemon Thai…
Veg setup is 4.5x 4.5 tent
Current culture rdwc 8gal 4 site 2in pvc upgraded…
Air pump…alita60
Hlg qb288 v2 x4 4000k 240w I also have hlg qb132 v1 x4 for side lighting 240w
Ac infinity t6in with vivosun silencer and carbon filter
Nutes until these run out I’m using cultured solutions and then I’m switching to dry nutes probably to Jack’s 3,2,1 going powder nutes for everything no more liquid trash…! The upgrades I did on my rdwc is…no hoses pvc pipe only…i made my own drain kit with 3/4 pvc that leaves 200ml in each tote only now .no more pvc elbows pvc tees only and I use test plugs instead of rubber end caps with band clamps…as the test plugs are tool free since they have wing nuts…as I can clean every single inch of the inside piping and very easily too…I also use orbit pvc fittings which I wouldn’t build a rdwc setup without them ever again that’s for damn sure…yes they are like double the price a normal fitting however there is no need for gluing but most of all the are removeable/replaceable with a special tool and also the pvc pipe will spin inside the fitting so they work great for attaching pumps and things with threads they have 1/2,3/4,1" with couplings, elbows, tees, mnpt, end caps a few reducers…home Depot carries them.

IMG_20190715_101158|374x500
Hanna groline combo meter hi9814 love it esp the groline series that has 1 calibration solution for pH and ec
And bloom 500-800ppm 5.8-6.2ph range temp 70-82…30-55%rh…co2 600-1200
Green qube quick qube 8x4 tent with gazebo frame
Rdwc 4 site 27gal totes 85gal 3in pvc, current culture bulkheads and filters…
Lighting- hlg 320w xl v1 x4 2850k…meizhi r300w that does 139w each x2…I’m using the veg and bloom switches both right now and then I turn the veg switch off and run the bloom only for 5min before lights out and 15min after…so I’m doing the Emerson effect pretty much I’m running the veg lights with the bloom to help combat stretch and then after 2-3weeks I think I will run bloom switch only which also has ir for 12:15hr to help with potency and quality and call it a day…this is my 1st run with this new build actually and so far so well…
So I scrogged them which includes super cropping which is true scrog not a trellis big difference…so my scrogs I built are floating scrogs no legs but that’s not the best thing about them they have 2 nets and are fully adjustable and are a absolute breeze to use and work with. As the 2nd net is mainly for holding up the buds… So when I scrogged them one of my waterfall pumps started leaking so I had to shut it off until I got a new one and so I put in a 25lpm air pump with 2 large pop can size air stones and wow what a difference was it between the two…as the waterfall plants healed the 2 ladies waaaay faster than what the air pump and stones did actually which that was one of the things that sold me on waterfall vs air pumps plus cheaper more efficient by half even…plus no more replacing or cleaning air stones and airlines. And lots less heat and risk of pythim etc…
Waterfall setup x2 Eco plus mag drive 350gph so 2 totes per 350gph pump. No air pump for bloom
Drain kit as well with 660gph pump
Top off res 55gal
Eco plus 1/4hp water chiller temp 71-73
Exhaust. Hyperfan 8in w 8in carbon filter
Titan Saturn 5 controller

!
Last pic is of my 2x2 cabinet for propagation new strains testing etc
IMG_20190726_090803|666x500

6 Likes

I am running Jack’s for the first time and I’m loving it. I found this video really helpful

2 Likes

Ya I know about gg but thanks anyways that’s one of the reasons I’m going to try Jack’s first over others but most hydro dry nutes is all about the same …I run sterile too as I believe Bennie’s in hydro setups are worthless and nothing but a waste of money and lots of cleaning and wasted nutes and water but that’s just imo and all… are you running rdwc too

well Indiva, I gotta ask, How much you got tied up in your setup there?

Not enough…shit idk I don’t keep a list and really don’t care as it makes up in my harvest and is my medicine that I need and it’s still cheaper than going to the poison infested garbage dispensary cannabis they have here or anywhere for that matter right now and is one of the reasons I grow my own…I also got alot of stuff cheap too …I didn’t put a price on what max limit as no price on quality and ease of use was my main goal as I am disabled so need to do it as easy as possible and thats what I did…

1 Like

My main reason is my state has a lot of necks, kinda like Jeff Sessions. Probably be the last to legalize. I’m not criticizing, I only ask because I have thousands in my setup and yours looks much more expensive :slight_smile:

1 Like

He sounds just like you ! :grinning:

1 Like

He sure do, But I would like to hear more about the poison infested garbage found in the dispensary.

Indiva, How you doing your c02?

Done bottles and pads, made a generator that uses sugar and yeast. What are using?

So the poisoned garbage dispensary cannabis they get it tested and is a suggestion to them not to sell it if it comes back with mold or whatever…it’s NOT MEDICAL CANNABIS…well imo as your going to call yourself a medical dispensary but yet at the end of the day all it is to them is a cash crop as if they really gave a shit about peoples health they wouldn’t be using any pesticides fungacides u name it straight poisons which isn’t necessary by any means period when you have your environment dialed in and keep maintenance up so shit is clean and sterile and that’s it…plus most of it isn’t cured just dry and usually over dried as once again it’s all about the money with them period… and here in Co springs it’s medical dispensaries only here in the city and yet you cannot find a pesticide free dispensary they look at you like your speaking jibberish and your a alien or some shit seriously…but yet your supposedly in business to help the sick hmmmmmmm…I think not and when extracting said poison cannabis it’s going to increase 10-50x that it was in flower form…
When the poisons they use are made for things like fruits and vegetables that are eaten not inhaled and on a daily basis a dozen times a day…all that adds up and when your not a normal healthy person and it makes things worse then it’s not helping much…
Which is why I grow my own true top shelf medical cannabis I know where it comes from…from start to finish…
Right now for co2 I have a 360exhale bag and it’s ranges from 800-1000 ppm and it’s a year old …Well I sealed it back up as I didn’t use it for 4 mo but still shocked at what it’s producing still being this old…Which I might even try it again although I do have co2 bottle and my Saturn 5 does have co2 but only for timer which I would rather have fuzzy logic if I went that route…But for the price not really needed I also exhaust a lot throughout the day so that’s kinda pointless so I may just stick to bag and or make my own I do have a IV bag setup that I could use for a diy co2 but will see maybe next grow when it’s time to replace the bag…As efficiency is huge for me since it’s personal only

2 Likes

May have hit on a touchy subject with the dispensary:pleading_face: Thanks!

O no your good my bad if I came off as that as your just asking why I don’t like disp cannabis… However the reason I use cannabis is different for a lot others and most can careless about those things actually…They care more about what the name is than if it’s safe to inhale…As for most the dispensaries are thee all might best shit ever and home grown is just some mediocre shit…But yet it’s more the opposite in reality…Just sayin

1 Like

Hey James do you have any pics and info on your co2 generator that does seem pretty interesting thank you

1 Like

I got this from a youtube vid, 5gal bucket with lid, mount aquarium heater on the bottom, cut hole in lid and mount pump, seal dome over pump, cut holes in tubing every 18 inches or so, hang tubing over plants. I don’t know how well any of the methods I’ve used work for I have no meter. they are proud of those and I couldn’t justify it.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Oh yeah fill the bucket half way with water add a cup of sugar and a couple small bags of yeast. I’m right there with you Indiva. I’m a old guy, smoked my first time in the 60s. I smoked some Red Colombian, afgan which were very good, also got california stuff all called skunk then. But what I grow is better. I Quit for a long time but got depress over life events and started self medicating with alcohol which didn’t work and was killing me. So I turned to an old familiar friend, It help with depression and made me able to quit drinking, and oh yeah I like to get hi :slight_smile: and your right Indiva the equipment has paid for itself many times over.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing…I have not seen it done that way actually which I can dig it…However wish you had a meter so you knew how well it was actually working and when you need to refill…So when you refill do you dump out the goop or do you just add more water and yeast like I’ve heard from others…
I usually see it with the dripping method usually but I don’t think I’ve seen it with the air pump being enclosed with it…Curious on what kind of levels it would get up to would be wonderful to know before trying it out that way actually…As it would all depend on the levels and how often you would have to replenish it and add more…As I am disabled granite it’s not much work however it’s a hell of a lot more than what the bag takes and it lasting over a year for 25 and keeps the ppm pretty consistant even with exhausting and I don’t have to do anything no refilling buckets or bottles … Also how big is your grow room for that bucket of your unknown ppm…I got my co2 meter for $15 and it was used 1x only I got it from let go or offer up check the apps out someone in your area might have one cheap

1 Like

I have only used for about 2 months, I just added more at month 2, well I doubt anybody in my area has a meter to get rid of, probably never heard of it:crazy_face: amazon cheapest 100 bucks. I haven’t looked on ebay but I will. Thanks:upside_down_face: Room is 170 sq ft . 30 plants is my max capacity

1 Like

Well you never know you can always download the apps if you don’t already and see if anyone has anything you never know…
As you replaced the solution every 2mo as that is by far thee longest I have ever heard of a diy co2 solution lasting usually I’ve read 4-8days…So ya I think you should invest in a co2 meter or monitor as you might be increasing the replacement times a lot more often

1 Like