Once, Twice, Three times Crazy /\ or /\ Strawberry(Cheesecake) Fields for (N)ever

Well, that is interesting and maybe good news overall. Checked my slurry mixes this AM and find that all 3 are within 0.1 of 7.0 ph.
So my plan going forward is to add some cal-mag at next watering. I already added some potassium.
Anyone else got a better plan?

1 Like

Hows they looking? Should have stopped the spread by today

1 Like

I clipped the affected fan leaves and so far I see no new areas with spots.
Wrung brown’s neck a little because she was getting so much taller that the other 2.
She is bruised and looks kinda like a crazy straw but is picking her head back up.
More details with pics in a couple of days.

1 Like

Give it a couple of days before doing this. Take pics of and note of the affectd leaves. Let them take the brunt of the damage.

Also let her have it! Unruly ladies get the flex put on em. Spare the rod spoil the bud know what I mean?

2 Likes

You mean next time right? :nerd_face:

There was a nice gap about 1+1/2 inches long between bud sites of central stalk just about the perfect height. Gave it a good rolling squeeze and bent her over like a …well you get the idea.

1 Like

NANNERS!!!
Went to admire the ladies and found Swampy cross dressing! At least 3 places where tiny nanners have sprouted.
I am probably gonna isolate her and keep her outside now.
I already plucked what I saw but if any more I will try to get pics.
A damn shame as she is the most well endowed of the 3. Big voluptuous buds and tight spacing.

1 Like

Thought I had it edited but timed out.
Here is the offending vegetation.

1 Like

Not quite a week but there have been “developments” so here we are with an update and some pics.
First up is Swampy. She is banished from the tent due to her cross dressing.

Look at that node spacing!

Here are the girly girls.

Red all twisted and bound.

Last but not least we have Brown and her crazy straw imitation.

The nanners and sac that Swampy produced were unexpected but I am not terribly surprised. They formed right at the split where it was topped and on one of the branches (so far). If she self pollinates, I guess I will get some free Strawberry Cheesecake auto seeds. Too bad they won’t be feminized as well.
I have been constantly checking on the 2 in the tent. So far so good.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention, with Swampy outside, the 2 in the tent each have their own light. I am thinking I will “rotate” them in case the spectrum of either is lacking. They get light from both but each is directly under one or the other.

1 Like

Get that manlady outta there! It did have beautiful nodespacing

1 Like

Swampy is paying a heavy price for trying to go hermie on me.
Every morning she is literally dripping with dew and got rained on yesterday for a few minutes because I was away when a surprise shower popped up.
It has been really cloudy and humid lately but that kept the sun from burning her when wet.
I have a makeshift cover to keep most of the direct rain off and I hope I can avoid a lot of mold or rot problems.
In the tent, Red is looking a little pale so I top dressed with some fresh potting soil and used tea grounds. Hoping for a little boost in nitrogen to get her color darker.
I am thinking it is about time to sprout another 1 or 2 seeds. Looking at Watermelon Zkittles and Orange sherbet for this round (both are autos).

1 Like

Weekly pics and official report.
Both the inside plants are showing some slight issues with fading and spotting. I took them outside earlier today and flushed with straight water. Hopefully they will improve over a couple of days.
Swampy, the wanna be hermie, has shown no more male parts and has completely gotten over whatever issue was spotting her leaves earlier. She absolutely loves the outdoors and is the healthiest, fattest and greenest of the 3. Sorry no pics of swampy because it is raining and 1) I don’t want to pull her out from under the cover and 2) I don’t want to get wet either. :cloud_with_rain:
Here’s brown…

Here’s red

3 Likes

No rain this AM so here’s Swampy…

and here is her makeshift shelter from the rain.

2 Likes

Why not let them drink the rain water , they will get bigger !

2 Likes

I have used the rainwater but it has rained every day for over 2 weeks…that may be a bit much.

1 Like

Not if you feeding as well , and if not at least catch as much as you can to feed your micro life if you in soil are Coco, the rain water has special powers for plants somehow , catch about 50 gallon and grow one with rain water verses tap or R.O and I’m pretty sure you’ll noticed the big difference plus rain water I’d free ?

2 Likes

The 2 indoor plants have both faded to a light yellowish green on all the larger leaves. The buds and sugar leaves are darker green and look ok. The exiled plant is slightly smaller and super green everywhere.
I can’t decide if that is due to natural sunlight, humidity levels or the different soil compositions.
All are in mid to late flower and I am hoping the fading ones are just done making veg and putting all effort into buds. I feel like there is about 4-5 weeks left to go.

Well hell’s bell’s :fire: :bell:
Looks like I will be losing most if not all of swampy to the dreaded bud rot.
All this rain and high humidity has taken it’s toll on the exiled one. She is dark green and lush but that is not always a good thing. The corner she was pushed into did not have good circulation and the plastic cover to keep some of the rain off just made it worse.
I cut off the affected buds and that amounted to about 2+1/2 of the 4 colas. I am probably going to move her out to the woods somewhere so she won’t be a further threat to her sisters.
I am wishing now that I had done some serious pruning/thinning a couple of weeks ago. :confounded:

This picture does not do justice to the nastiness within.Those are not brown pistils. :nauseated_face:

R.I.P. Swampy. We barely knew 'ya. :cry:

06-02-21 to 07-23-21

1 Like

She had a real nice root structure too. You can easily see how it was not centered in the pot.
This was/is a 3 gal fabric planter.

1 Like