Once, Twice, Three times Crazy /\ or /\ Strawberry(Cheesecake) Fields for (N)ever

@HMGRWN can you see the difference yet from the first dirt of Waldo and the rest ? It’s no perlite in the others which can be a headache already cause the dirt won’t drain , it will compact as it gets wet and your roots will struggle , now if you losen the dirt, put some pea gravel or something in it you’ll be fine , but just dirt , I don’t know about that one if the dirt is not lose.

1 Like

Actually the “swamp” mix has a greener sprout.

Not quite. It is hard to tell but there is some perlite in the mix. It really is mostly Sta-Green potting mix and peat moss with maybe 25-30% native soil. It is pretty loose and bags were soaked and left in the sun for a couple of days.

@HMGRWN time will tell if it’s a good choice by the plants growth . In the photos that top pot has visible perlite, the rest of the pots don’t is what lead to my response , but in time you’ll know where to start if any plants has a delay in growth?

That particular mix is a conglomeration that includes some old FFOF and has a TON of perlite in it. A lot of the actual soil was consumed by the previous plant apparently.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN I don’t know Sir , from the photo is what my information was in concerns cause I’ve done that before and had all kinds of headaches , not that you @HMGRWN is what you’ve done in those pots . If the soil is lose the plants will thrive , I remember I used to stuff and pack the hell out my pots and could not figure out why I was having issues later on , once I finish suffering through the headaches and harvested finally , it had not roots at the bottom of the pot and most of the soil was never even wet , ever so this is why I responded in terms of helping before it was created later , if you done the work , this shall be very intriguing to size , taste , structure, and roots very important , but I truly understand you’re reasoning completely. I was only reprimanning what you have all ready done . No harm , No foul right , now I’m anxious to see now ?

2 Likes

I welcome all comments and take no offense from it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Speak freely and without hesitation. :speaking_head:

I have this morning pictures but camera batteries crapped out and cannot upload just now.

2 Likes

Camera back online.
Here’s this morning’s mug shots.
Group photo.

Solos

They’re so cute when they are babies. :baby:t2:

3 Likes

So here is my early evaluation and predictions.
The swamp dirt is very green and looking snazzy. :green_heart:
The red dirt is looking pretty good as well. :heart:
The brown dirt is healthy looking but trying to stretch more than her sisters. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My off the wall guess is that brown will be leggy, red will be dense growth and swamp is gonna try to burn out early.
Just a gut feeling, hope I am not jinxing it. :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Put all the girls out on the patio today. Figured why am I using LED when I have SOL.
Outside in full sun (with plastic domes) all did well but the red dirty girl was “praying” really hard. I mean little leaflets standing straight up and touching. I moved them to the very edge of where full sun is and they responded well. The praying one has spread back out and looks ok. Planning on doing as much as possible outdoors to help with pwr bill. (no lights or vent fan :sunglasses:)

1 Like

Might want to start an IPM (Insect Prevention Maintenance).

Spraying preemptively to prevent pests from every taking root

2 Likes

7 days in the dirt and here’s a family photo.

Top pic, the one on the left is stretching a lot. Hard to see in pics. Already made a little crutch and placed some peat around it for support. Plenty of room to backfill once she gets a lil’ stronger. Also top pic, the one on the right (swamp dirt) has some water damage from dripping off dome. Nothing too severe. (bottom individual pic.)

3 Likes

I have a shit-ton of fresh rosemary. Bugs hate that stuff. You can see some dry in above picture.

2 Likes

Those are all three looking pretty good! I like the extra foliage you got in the bottom one. :joy:

I think it’s interesting that the one in the swamp mix is the furthest along. Do you think that’s because that soil had a bunch of microorganisms in it? I’m far from an expert grower or a biologist, just an observation.

Companion plants :seedling:or karma from using “swamp dirt”. :woozy_face:
Not sure which yet. Guess I’ll be weeding my weed. LOL

1 Like

All 3 have some native soil. All different somewhat. I made an earlier prediction about that in fact.
Hoping for more of a “water only” type grow.

1 Like

After doing an organic grow as my first I’m actually looking forward to the opposite next time! It was definitely easier but I need to learn that side of it for sure.

Anyone know what this plant is?

2 Likes

Back-filled the two stretchiest girls so they now have less than 1" to cotyledons. :man_farmer:t2:
Swampy is about to make 1st node already. I am about ready to call that one “day 1” with 1st true leaf. :tada: To me that is first 3 prong or better. :shamrock:She is very dark and vigorous. :green_heart:
I weeded out the “companion plants” and found a HUGE seed sprout. I think it may have been Cyprus. :evergreen_tree:
It was only about an inch from my sprout. :grimacing:

1 Like

New updated shots.

Just look at swampy go! :running_woman:t2:

6 Likes