Once, Twice, Three times Crazy /\ or /\ Strawberry(Cheesecake) Fields for (N)ever

Correct. That’s why you use it for a slurry test. Because it takes on the ph of the media you put it into.

So to be clear, I make a juicy mud then strain some liquid to test. Yes?

Slurry reads 8.0 …kinda the opposite of what I would have thought.
Should I try to amend the soil or water with lower Ph to compensate?

You didn’t let the slurry sit long enough. Give it 12-24 hours

That thought did cross my mind…thanks for your help and patience. I will go ahead and make slurry for all 3 and let them “cook” over night.
Also,can you recommend an economy TDS meter? I guess it is pretty much invaluable to a good grow.

TDS meters are relatively cheap. It’s the ph meters you don’t want to cheap out on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PEDHSQC/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00PEDHSQC&pd_rd_w=eceGk&pf_rd_p=f32edc8b-35a7-4ea3-a797-581b57f69242&pd_rd_wg=oxbYt&pf_rd_r=02HW9Q8KH6E60GSC6245&pd_rd_r=3ccb8234-49cf-42fb-8b20-c3e4625d613d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUlBOTUswVDIzUlNFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjkyMTU2M1JaTzZHVFFYQktQSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTEzMTg4MTI4Ukk2WTNQNURPRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thanks, and I got the Apera 20 for my Ph meter. Not top of the line but several people here use it.

1 Like

I have one as well. Also have a ph60

1 Like

Well, that is interesting and maybe good news overall. Checked my slurry mixes this AM and find that all 3 are within 0.1 of 7.0 ph.
So my plan going forward is to add some cal-mag at next watering. I already added some potassium.
Anyone else got a better plan?

1 Like

Hows they looking? Should have stopped the spread by today

1 Like

I clipped the affected fan leaves and so far I see no new areas with spots.
Wrung brown’s neck a little because she was getting so much taller that the other 2.
She is bruised and looks kinda like a crazy straw but is picking her head back up.
More details with pics in a couple of days.

1 Like

Give it a couple of days before doing this. Take pics of and note of the affectd leaves. Let them take the brunt of the damage.

Also let her have it! Unruly ladies get the flex put on em. Spare the rod spoil the bud know what I mean?

2 Likes

You mean next time right? :nerd_face:

There was a nice gap about 1+1/2 inches long between bud sites of central stalk just about the perfect height. Gave it a good rolling squeeze and bent her over like a …well you get the idea.

1 Like

NANNERS!!!
Went to admire the ladies and found Swampy cross dressing! At least 3 places where tiny nanners have sprouted.
I am probably gonna isolate her and keep her outside now.
I already plucked what I saw but if any more I will try to get pics.
A damn shame as she is the most well endowed of the 3. Big voluptuous buds and tight spacing.

1 Like

Thought I had it edited but timed out.
Here is the offending vegetation.

1 Like

Not quite a week but there have been “developments” so here we are with an update and some pics.
First up is Swampy. She is banished from the tent due to her cross dressing.

Look at that node spacing!

Here are the girly girls.

Red all twisted and bound.

Last but not least we have Brown and her crazy straw imitation.

The nanners and sac that Swampy produced were unexpected but I am not terribly surprised. They formed right at the split where it was topped and on one of the branches (so far). If she self pollinates, I guess I will get some free Strawberry Cheesecake auto seeds. Too bad they won’t be feminized as well.
I have been constantly checking on the 2 in the tent. So far so good.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention, with Swampy outside, the 2 in the tent each have their own light. I am thinking I will “rotate” them in case the spectrum of either is lacking. They get light from both but each is directly under one or the other.

1 Like

Get that manlady outta there! It did have beautiful nodespacing

1 Like

Swampy is paying a heavy price for trying to go hermie on me.
Every morning she is literally dripping with dew and got rained on yesterday for a few minutes because I was away when a surprise shower popped up.
It has been really cloudy and humid lately but that kept the sun from burning her when wet.
I have a makeshift cover to keep most of the direct rain off and I hope I can avoid a lot of mold or rot problems.
In the tent, Red is looking a little pale so I top dressed with some fresh potting soil and used tea grounds. Hoping for a little boost in nitrogen to get her color darker.
I am thinking it is about time to sprout another 1 or 2 seeds. Looking at Watermelon Zkittles and Orange sherbet for this round (both are autos).

1 Like

Weekly pics and official report.
Both the inside plants are showing some slight issues with fading and spotting. I took them outside earlier today and flushed with straight water. Hopefully they will improve over a couple of days.
Swampy, the wanna be hermie, has shown no more male parts and has completely gotten over whatever issue was spotting her leaves earlier. She absolutely loves the outdoors and is the healthiest, fattest and greenest of the 3. Sorry no pics of swampy because it is raining and 1) I don’t want to pull her out from under the cover and 2) I don’t want to get wet either. :cloud_with_rain:
Here’s brown…

Here’s red

3 Likes