On the cheap super soil organic grow

About 10 weeks ago I started to let my soil build. This was at the start of the covid thing and being out of work and not knowing what work was coming I want to do this cheap. I found decent organic soil at the dollar store on sale for 2 bucks a bag. Some peat and other good things in there and mixed it 50/50 with black kow store bought compost. Then mixed in 30 tables spoons of Dr. Earths home grown organic premixed dry nutes, and I have been adding organic matter as well. Mostly egg shells and fruit leftovers. The soil looks and smells amazing. Dark and rich.

Now to the plants. I plan on growing 3 ladies in my tent. 1 White Widow XL fast, 1 Jack Herrer, and my first cbd strain Critical Mass cbd. I started them a few days ago in jiffy pucks and all but the CM cbd have popper and are in solo cups. I was going to leave them in my shop which stays around 85°f but we have a heat wave and it reached 101°in there. So, I have moved them to the tent and will be in there with the two ladies I have finishing the last two weeks.

My grow space…
I use a 2x4 tent with a 4inch fan pulling through a 4 inch filter. Has worked great. I run 2 marshydro ts1000s in there turned down a little bit. I use a lux meter on my phone as the mars does not have a % that u have ur lights turned down on the dial or knob used to turn down. I find that 22,000 to 26,000 lux on my phone is perfect. Any higher and my plants burn. Now I know that the lux meter on my phone is not exact but it does give me a useful reference point to know where I am at. I use tap water set out. My tap tds is between 117 and 86. And I will only water when my pots feel light or the top inch is dry. I use 5 gal smart pots as well, 2 to 3 clip fans and keep my temps around 75. I will use a humidifier or dehumidifier if needed. I like about 75% in veg and around 50% RH in flower. I start the plant off in seedling soil tell they are big enough to stand the hot soil.

So cost so far.
Cheap organic soil from DG. 5 buchs for 2 bags
Black kow was 5 bucks for 50 liters
Dr. Earths home grown was 8 bucks at the time on Amazon.
And perlite I had already and I will mix it 70%soil 30% perlite.

So, around 20 bucks for about 20 gallons of super soil. Not bad.

@MyHd
@Oldtimer69
@MrPeat
@Dbpooper
@ReconBravo
@MadCandy
@Nicky

I know I forgot a few.

8 Likes

It hurts me to see how low we have to go when financially challenged. I wish you the best of luck, however, a long time ago, when I was financially challenged, I did the same thing, except the soil I purchased must have came from a dredge from some industrialized harbor, or some offshore Fukushima, shit killed my plants!

2 Likes

I hope that does not happen. I have been growing tomatoes like crazy in the same mix. Minus the time to cook and the scraps. They are loving it. Thanks for the encouraging words my friend.

1 Like

Set to watching, and wishing nothing but success for you buddy!

1 Like

Heck Yea! Sounds like a good mix bro I’m sure they’ll do great. It doesn’t take much to grow good weed, just keep them fed. I’m set to watching too. I can’t wait to see them take off!

1 Like

this should blow your mind

1 Like

Thanks everyone. This is going to be a ton of fun.

I do plan to top dress along the way, changing what I am giving closer to flower. Keep watching and helping. Thanks

Thanks @James68 that was a good read. Have you used this on cannabis plants? If so tell me about you experiences. Like, amounts used per gallon, how often to use and results. I am for sure trying it on my garden as we have a horrible time keep blight and fungus down. I have been able to control it with need oil, peroxide and alcohol. But this could be even better.

1 Like

I agree with low cost gardening.

In the Good Old Days, people didn’t & couldn’t buy stuff for gardening. You composted your organic waste, make compost tea, maybe a worm farm, raise some chickens for manure… It’s farming, urban farming.

2 Likes

One thing it sure stinks when you are fermenting it…beyond smelly amsterdam skunk !.
more info to follow…one thing though, you must check for butterfly eggs underneath the leaves Aglais urticae 1690-001a

1 Like

go here for info

Fertilizer urticaria

1 Like

Hey never know until you try, we might be following you our next grow, good luck my friend

1 Like

good luck bro ,watching your grow

1 Like

I’m watching best of luck :blush::blush:

1 Like

This morning I fed the lil babies, I gave them Fox Farms Big Bloom. Which is organic and very low n-p-k. I fed them at 1.5 teaspoons per quart of water. They each got a few ounces. I wont water again for several days. Let them dry some.

Thanks for everyone watching and helping along the way.

4 Likes

These guys are thriving in the same mix. I cant wait to try it on cannabis.

4 Likes

ment to post this one. I AM STONED.

4 Likes

we are all STONED !

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hahaha… I love :tomato:,s yummm @Axemanjake23

This one time I shaved my legs…

With the cover on…

That stoned… :joy::joy:

3 Likes