On photo plants when to switch

I’m thinking about this winters growing season and wondering how many grows I can get in. I’m thinking I could veg the first batch for 1 1/2 months before switching to flower and get a harvest every 2 months and yes I know the plants work on there own schedule

1 Like

Just depends on your daylight hours…
Vegg inside and throw them out to flower if your less then 13 hours of daylight during winter… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh sorry it will all be in doors I’ve got a veg tent and a flower tent. I just read that you can switch them at 3 weeks but I don’t think I could do that they would be to small at that young

1 Like

I had to flip to 12/12 at 5 weeks because I only have 7 foot ceilings. She was 38” tall. They do double in size in flower. :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Atleast double in size some smaller plants can triple in size …and sorry to say but your plants dont do what they want unless there autos your in control here brother your time period tells the plant what to do…

2 Likes

There own schedule as in flowering?

1 Like

You could do what your talking about you have a veg room and a flower room. But I think you may have to go longer than two months in flower :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

So true @fano_man :sunglasses::call_me_hand::v:

1 Like

Photo plants from seed won’t flower until they’re 4-5 weeks old. It makes most sense to run them on veg schedule up til that point, then you can put them on 12 hour schedule. Transition will be a little slower here as they are just mature. Figure 9-10 weeks from that point before most are ready. The plants won’t be very big when switching to flower if you do that. So plan accordingly and maybe run extra plants to fill your space. Clones are a different story as they are age of their mother, and typically ready to flower as soon as rooted if you want to.

I’ve never really had plants double in size unless it was them fighting for space. Excessive stretch is usually a sign of underpowered lighting. You can hit them hard with light to slow down stretch a little.

6 Likes

I switched one at 4 weeks and flowered for 10 weeks and the whole plant turned into a 3.5oz bud. Literally one giant bud the size of my head.

3 Likes

The SOG technique takes advantage of short veg times on clones to produce some impressive results. Probably the fastest turn around IMO if you want to crank quantities out. I’m more of a bigger plant fan and prefer to flip from seed only when the plant shows sexual maturity. I think the transition is easier and perhaps a bit less stretch.

Different strains (cultivars) will require more or less time to get to your harvest. To some degree you can control that as well.

6 Likes

They do double in size in flower. I have grown 5 plants so far and got no stretch at all so far

When will I get the stretch out of the 5 plants I have grown I never got any the most I got was 3 inches

Ya you know they can take a couple weeks more in flower. And everyone keeps telling me about how tall they gat but so far I have got them to only 2’ with 2 months in veg

I first off that’s a heavy indica looks like a and the minimally stretch comparatively to sativa or hybrids with sativa Gene’s indica tend to stay squat and get minimal stretch as u witnessed

1 Like

[quote=“dbrn32, post:10, topic:33826”]
I’ve never really had plants double in size unless it was them fighting for space.
[/quote]. Ya you helped me build the lights and they work GREAT

1 Like

I did the LST on my last 3 plants and have gotten very good results almost doubling my yeald and it was very easy. @Myfriendis410 I was wondering I grow in soil and fabric pots when you do the sog you can’t really take the plants out of the tent can you

1 Like

Yep it was a white widow and I think on this one I got 2” of stretch I had to pull it at day 50 of flower because of mold but still got 5 Oz from it

Sorry to hear that had same thing happen to me first grow with white widow

1 Like

@MattyBear does a type of SOG grow at times and I think he moves em around pretty regularly. But yes: if you are doing a SOG in an ebb and flow setup or other hydro it wouldn’t be possible.

2 Likes