OMG... enough about lights already

Hey Jen, welcome to ILGM, your off to a great start, first , yes I just harvested and am drying and curing now , proly got 2 oz. dried from this plant. I was just looking at fertilizers in the seeds section on top of page, some really good stuff there, I may try some on next years soil grow. This was my first year growing in many years, did a lot of research and got Tons of advice from a lot of Great growers here. Take what you can and implement that into your grow. Remember there are Lots of variables in growing especially Outdoor grows. I only grow outdoors myself. My first outdoor soil grow (this year) and through much help with members at ILGM netted me Oct. Bud of the Month, so its plenty wise to listen to what these growers have to say.
Its good to start your plants indoors for the first month before transplanting them outdoors, this builds up their strength, at first they look like hell then kick back in after the initial shock, mother nature takes over after that and makes you work even harder but the plant will be stronger and grow bigger than an indoor without all the expense of hydro ,lighting etc… you cant compare natural sunlight with any grow light. Soil needs amending also before transplanting, mixing with organic soil ,perlite etc… Then the nutrients, OMG, that’s what I was just looking at, I did buy a lot of different nutes and they all worked well, but always looking for something new. From my 6 plant harvest I easily got all my money back that I put in, And a $79 seed packet for winning the contest, there is NO other grow community like this Anywhere, your home now, keep the question coming and good luck, we"re watching your grow !!

3 Likes

Good info, thanks FyshhTrap! I’m actually hoping to make use of the abundant composted manure at my disposal, both horse and sheep. Want to make teas with rain water, I just simply can’t afford all the commercial fertilzers and expensive soils. Not to mention it seems ridiculous not to make use of what I already have. I’ve been a gardner for many yrs, not always successfully but at least I have that and good ole farmer common sense :). That’s not to say I won’t take full advantage of the obvious expertise offered so generously here! All very much appreciated!

3 Likes

@Jen you will find that there is a lot of love on this forum for newbies and old Growers alike , any knowledge is good knowledge …:blush::+1:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes