OlyBoy grows autos Summer 2021

So OlyBoy-
I dont know why people won’t go to the source and ask instead of relying on that
"Well I heard that Oly and Patchman _____. Just ask us! I heard Tom Petty talking about the song “American Girl” and there was just some story about the song going around, and it got blown way out of proportion. Tom was like “You could have called me! I would have told you it wasn’t true.” I do have a question sir- what do you think of autos so far?
I had a couple of grows not go well and there were some who said I needed to switch to photos. I am not sure I can find the logic in that. I didn’t grow Itty bitty plants because they were auto, or some other growers would have had the same results I had. I have seen some nice hauls from autos. Anywho, just wanted to get your opinion as I would like to think in some ways we are alike. You could have easily been in the group I ran with back in the day. So, people want to know, what do you think of autos? When OlyBoy talks,
people listen. Peace…

4 Likes

I absolutely LOVE autos! I’ll do a few photos this winter. But May 1st? I’m doing autos outside again.

Fo’ sho’

And sometimes you just gotta say ‘what the fuck’…

yeah man. we jumped in head first last summer, didn’t we?

the best credit i can take is being a better photographer this year. I think most of us are!

4 Likes

@OlyBoy98503 @patchman yall be cracking me up…and ya sound like me at the beginning of the year…autos photos? Which one? How many…

I no doubt WANT to do bigger photos next year

If I had auto seeds they would be from ILGM even tho there might be some mishaps that happen

Which leads me to ask…I’ve looked into the climates and what might grow best in Kansas…have y’all tried G13? And if so how did it grow

2 Likes

@grizZz hey my man !!! I bought the G-13 auto Gonna run that & G.D.purple ,and going to try a super silver haze in solo cup challenge .I grew G13 from different seed bank she did great inside . I’m sure you’ll do great in or out!!!:+1::grin:

4 Likes

@Smalls Yo wwaaazzaaaa :money_mouth_face: dude I’ve heard so many good things bout that silver you’re gonna prolly enjoy it and when I can imma get me some ba ba ba beans from ILGM g13 is at the top of my list with gold leaf and super silva

5 Likes

Bro I wouldn’t steer you wrong!!! ADD WEDDING CAKE TO YOU ORDER!!!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Man I’ve been reading bout that and GSCX…sorry to highjack yo thread Oly

3 Likes

Ya sorry!! I gotta get them out ill get pic and tag ya! My top 3 from ILGM 1 W.cake, 2 GSC ,3 tie- G.Glue &Zkittles ! All AWESOME in yield ,taste, and THC%!!!

3 Likes

What! It’s not magic water. And this entire time I thought it was Brando.

6 Likes

Hippie-
Not the water. It’s your most excellent grow you have. You ARE Brando man!!!
Peace…

3 Likes

@OlyBoy98503-
we now return you to your thread. This was only a test. Had this been an actual hi-jacking, the perpetrators would have been apprehended and lost half of their stash. Thanks for getting back to me on that. Did you see any holes in that logic of “its the autos?” Peace…

2 Likes

@patchman if u switch to even fem seeds u will see a hi g e difference in everything about the plant growth looks tric productions smells tastes. Dverything Bout a photo being fem or reg totally crushes out an auto. Autos are still super fun growing and give a nice little challenges where as a photo can take on just about anything u throw at them. Do u have any photos u can grow out as a trial. If not get me on ig and i will get u a few seeds for yourself. I got u patchy if u need. U just say the word my friend. Ull def love the photos as u can do alot more with less worries on them.

4 Likes

Wedding cake. Mac1. Lsd slh gdp blue dream gorilla glue w.w they all good strains. Need me some mac1 seeds and some wedding cake seeds

3 Likes

I wanted to think about this for a day, so here it goes.

Because of how I learn, and because of how I grow, I don’t think I would have had the success I’ve had [so far] with these autos if I didn’t grow photos first. And if I were asked my opinion on growing photos vs. autos first, I’d also recommend photos first. And here’s why…

it’s because the photos I’ve grown were very forgiving of the mistakes I made. I was able to figure out what works for me and what doesn’t doesn’t. And I didn’t have the plant going into bloom without my permission and being stunted because of some screw up. With photos, I could also fim, top, train, stress the hell out of the girls and they’d have time to bounce back strong before flipping to flower.

By no means do I want my opinion to sound like I know what I’m doing, because I learn something damn near every day. And sometimes I learn that something I learned before was wrong.

So when I started growing autos this spring, at least I had the basics covered. I didn’t have to figure out my nute plan. I kinda knew what to trim and what to leave on the plants as they grew. I don’t like trimming larf-y buds, so I cut most of it off. I didn’t have to guess if the soil/growing medium was working or not. Even with the handful of seeds that didn’t do anything, this auto grow project has gone pretty much how I thought. But it would have not have gone this smoothly [knock on wood] without making a hundred mistakes on photos first.

I hope this makes sense. lol!

7 Likes

Well… it IS what plants crave!

3 Likes

It’s not a problem. Come over anytime. I like the talking and exchanging. And I always learn something fun.

3 Likes

the wedding cake is a strong #2 favorite here!

4 Likes

Just started several myself. Tried some from a friend and wife and I loved it……so ilgm Wedding Cake are a cookin’!

4 Likes

I agree I started with photo very forgiving!! I didn’t listen to all the bull about autos not topping or no nutrients till flower?? I top all some more than once and they grow at least 3 to 4 foot tall. I also give nutrients at week 2. I don’t treat them any different than I did photos. Me personally will stick with autos​:+1::heart:

3 Likes

S2

S3

Bale

It might rain today. I’m pretty excited!

08/07

12 Likes