Oly’s counter top (long term seedlings and clones)

Jesus Oly more plants?!?! I cant keep up reading. How the hell do u do it?!

Ooo that sucks. Maybe the rootzone is in some kind of distress? Hows she been drinking? Think she could have like ‘airpockets’ of dryness that isnt getting solidly wet?

I only ask cuz it looks kinda environmental… like just dry dry dry

6 Likes

Looks similar to verticillium wilt. Which is caused by fungus in the soil. Usually from poor drainage. If it was it’s lucky you caught it.

5 Likes

That would be my assumption as well. Something in the root zone, maybe even extremely root bound :v:t4:

4 Likes

im also shooting for the roots/zone …does the soil have a funny/abnormal smell or texture … :sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, the soil smells normal. One of the drawbacks of this planter is that I can’t see any of the roots and there isn’t an easy way to pop the soil out to inspect anything.

I’m not sure what the problem was. Even if flushing the soil wasn’t part of the solution, the plant still looks better. The leaves aren’t falling off anymore.

And the green is coming back in the leaves with the discoloration.

Thank you all for looking!

6 Likes

@OlyBoy98503 That’s insane looking! I have no idea but I’m following to see what it is.
Good luck… at least she’s coming back!! :green_heart::v:

2 Likes

The only time I’ve seen something like that it was bug related, a buddy had broad mites that affected his leaves in a similar way.

4 Likes

No clue bud, but I think you got some great advise…at least we know it’s not a pH issue :slight_smile: she will pull through whatever it is.

4 Likes

I don’t even know. It kinda got away from me again, I guess. :rofl: but keeps getting easier with each plant that comes down! :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t know what that weirdness was. But thank you all for your input. She’s looking much better today

08/24

10 Likes

So I don’t know what happened to the leaves on this plant.

But look at all that green that the new growth is showing!

Here’s the top of the plant.

And in a week, we won’t even be able to tell something happened.

@MadamCalamity @kdawg @Breezy @Dman1969 @PurpNGold74 @Budz @Arrow @BigMommaC @Hellraiser @Zee

You know what’s funny though? I asked here and Over There and nobody had ever seen leaves do that before and the possible causes were just all over the spectrum. I think the plant was hit by a atmospheric neutrino, causing some one-off leaf weirdness and giving this plant super powers.

10 Likes

I believe you may be right! There was one night when all the stars were in alignment with Uranus. :sweat_smile::crazy_face::+1::v:

4 Likes

shiiiiiiit!!! now i’ve got a bad case of the giggles.

6 Likes

Wow, that is one of the best recovery’s I have seen so far :+1: I would have topped it and moved on. Never in a million years would I think it would came back as nice as it did. Nice job :grin:

6 Likes

My Maui Wowie solo cup girl is doin that. I almost burnt her up with the lights and nutes. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s so weird!!! Lol at least you’re never bored with em!!

4 Likes

never a dull moment, and always something to learn…good stuff on the recovery… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Speaking of never a dull moment… after the sun went behind the trees, I brought the houseplant back inside (maybe 2 hours ago) to keep us company. Here’s her normal spot.

So I got up a couple min ago and I went to just go look at her.

what in THE hell?

the rest of the plant looks great, but the damaged leaves look they are melting.

So I’m just going to pull up a chair and see what happens tomorrow. lol!

4 Likes

If your sure its not bug related I’d be real tempted to get it out of its pot no matter how and check out the roots. Rule out one thing at a time. Thats just messed up man!

2 Likes

Thi plant will come out on Tuesday after I get the auto Zkittlez harvested.

08/29

4 Likes