Oly’s counter top (long term seedlings and clones)

@Arrow I forgot to tag you for this question.

1 Like

Have never seen that… curious to see it work …:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Never done a self watering pot. With my current GSCE grow, and their reputation for serious stretch, I have been over watering the entire grow on purpose, and it’s helping keep them down.

2 Likes

This looks amazing!!! I’m excited to see if it DOES work like it says! How cool!!

1 Like

Hahah do it! :seedling::seedling:

1 Like

Day 48

06/27

4 Likes

Historical review of growing Wash clones last year

Here is a picture of one of the Wash clones (Memory) from 2020 taken on 06/27 (same date as today).

Here is the same plant on 07/27 (5 weeks after the solstice).

Quite a good stretch going on. No buds at all yet.

And here is the same plant on 08/27 (9 weeks after the solstice).

I’d consider those buds Week 1 (not quite Week 2).

And here is that same plant on 09/27.

Everything from here out was an absolute shitshow. Earlier in Sept we had smoke and ashes from wildfires for 9 days. Then we had a bunch of rain. It was a budrot nightmare. The plants were so bushy. I let them grow wild because I wanted to see how they would grow. Now that I’ve done it, I won’t grow like that again. (those 7 gal pots were soaked and it took me and my son everything we had to pull them out of the ground and carry them into the garage) I won’t grow a photo in a 7 gal pot here.

So New Wash is going to stay in her 3 gallon pot. And she’ll go into bloom with the sun’s schedule.

But when I get the Wedding Cake harvested, I’m going rip up a few roots and stick the bottom third of this pot in the soil and let New Wash’s roots go wild.

But if the need arises, I’ll take her out of the ground and start 12/12-ing her in the house like I’m doing with the big Wash I have now.

06/27

4 Likes

@Deez Here is my journal for my photo plants.

Hey Oly, of you still have any interest in growing larger photos outside. You could look into a small (low to the ground) wagon. Put your plants in the pot of your choice then put the pot on the wagon. Bad weather coming in, pull the wagon into your garage. Just an idea.

2 Likes

Omg! Did you see @krismwright journal? They are using furniture dollies. I might do the same next year.

3 Likes

@OlyBoy98503

Today I put some d-rings all around the raised beds and spread the girls out a bit

Before

After

:grin::pray::heart::potted_plant::potted_plant::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I see them! Nice! I like the idea of having those permanent anchor points for the training wire.

1 Like

Well since these are living soil I will reuse them each year! Keep building those humic layers :sunglasses:
@OlyBoy98503

1 Like

Day 53 from flipping.

New Wash was given .5 gallons of water yesterday and left on the ground to extend her roots.

07/02

5 Likes

The difference between last year and this year is unreal to me.

Last year’s clones on day 53 after flipping (07/17).

This year’s clone on day 53 after flipping (07/02).

Last year’s flowers on day 53 after flipping (07/17).

This year’s flowers on day 53 after flipping (07/02)

This year’s plant is looking way better than last year’s plants.

It’s pretty cool to see what a difference a year makes.

07/02

6 Likes

Day 54

and…

Fimmed her.

and…

The other clones had this waxy shine to them a few times last summer.

She’s already 13" tall. I gave her .5 gal of water and nutes yesterday. I’m gonna drench her with a full gallon tomorrow to get some of the runoff down in the dirt beneath her. I don’t plan on picking her up (and messing with the roots) until she goes into her more permanent spot when one of the plants in Spiral 2 get harvested.

07/03

1 Like

Looking up:

I fimmed this one a few days ago.

@BigMommaC Now that it’s July, we’re finally having our June weather over here.

07/05

4 Likes

Those look amazing!! :scream::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Oh yea?? We’re sorta of cooling down, 95ish around 5ish pm lol a lil toasty but I can’t keep the house under 90 now!!! :partying_face: gets down to 50s in the bedroom with just a window fan. I love that. I love that I can carry some coolness into the next day ya know lol :sunny::sunny::sunny:
Hope you had an amazing 4th

2 Likes

She got a good thorough soaking of water and nutes this morning.

She’ll spend the next six days here in the closet with the lights on a timer.

This one got 1 gallon of water and nutes from the top to soak through the bottom.

She’s getting bushy like her sisters! I’m trimming her insides now. I don’t want the mess I had last year. I took two clones yesterday and stuck 'em in some water.

The bulb is empty.

I’ve slowly been soaking this planter with water and nutes. I stopped adding water when I noticed a little bit of liquid in the hidden dish. I’m leaving her outside while I’m gone. This spot gets great morning light and is in the shade around 1.30.

07/12

3 Likes

Wash

NW

HP

07/18

4 Likes