Oly’s counter top (long term seedlings and clones)

Canna tomato’s are such beautiful plants…:joy::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Here’s a recap of what’s been happening:

Repotted and beginning veg growing: 03/23

Four days later: 03/27

Two weeks later: 04/10

Two weeks later: 04/25

Two weeks later: 05/08

then she sat in a dark closet for day (starting her flip) and emerged this morning.

05/10

4 Likes

@violagirl0 It’s good to see you still around. I completely missed your Platinum Garlic Grow. It looks like I’ve got some catching up to do! Here is one of my current journals growing outside.

1 Like

I’ve been neck deep trying to read as much as I can. Definitely have a lot of triggers pulled so I can’t wait for summer break so I can do a little work. your outdoor grows are always so much fun to watch. I’m wanting to put several outside this summer (1st week of June here in SE oklahoma). But I am so nervous about feeding them and keeping bugs off them!!

1 Like
1 Like

Day 11 since flipping to 12/12.

Look at that stretch!

05/21

3 Likes

:ok_hand:…awe brother…love the colour…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Thank you. I always love seeing the color of the new growth against the color of the established leaves.

Day 29 since flipping.

@BigMommaC Here is my lone (for now) photo period plant. She’s a clone of a clone of a clone.

3 Likes

Day 19 (not 29). By bad.

1 Like

Nice!!! Everyone’s are so fluffy and Jill is so Charlie’s browns Christmas tree… and that’s me still proud of my homely little gal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So you find the photos are easier outdoors or indoors?
What did you clone from? Cuz you can’t clone autos…

1 Like

The plant on the left is the original Wash (unknown bag seed). The plant in the middle and the right were clones taken off of her BEFORE she was harvested and re-vegged. The plant in the middle is in week 7 of flower. The plant in the 7 gal pot on the right is barely in flower.

I think I grew 8 clones or clones of clones of clones. The one I’m growing now might be the last clone of Wash.

And you’re right about cloning autos. But every once in a while a miracle worker comes along and does it though.

Check out the sorry state she was in in the first 15 or so posts in this thread.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Outdoors. For me, I love growing outdoors. I totally understand that some growers love growing indoors because they can control the entire environment that their plants spend their entire existence. I think that’s cool. But I don’t have the finances for water from Jupiter, or a lighting system that could also power the Millennium Falcon, or a tent. Just kidding. But my indoor grow really is one corner of the closet in my master bedroom.

And you can’t beat the free light when growing outdoors. I do supplement my outdoor plants with indoor light when the day length is insufficient.

But outdoor growing can be plagued by bugs, humidity, getting busted by the police, hail, deer, falling off the railing, cats that just want to bite holes on the leaves, or periods of darkness that are interrupted with unexpected lights (or street lights).

I probably wont ever grow photos outdoors in 7-gallon pots again. Humidity down here at night in late September/early October is unpredictable (at best) or shittastic (like last year). Bud rot last year was heartbreaking. The plants in the 7 gal pots were just to big to bring inside during emergency weather.

My three auto grows were scheduled to take advantage of the amazing weather that western Washington from May through September.

I have to bring that photo plant inside every day and outside each morning.to simulate a 12/12. Clearly, that’s a pain in the ass. If I have to go out of town for a few days, I can always leave it in the closet and it’ll sit under timed lights.

But check out @Cannabian and his outdoor/greenhouse grows. He’s just north of us.

3 Likes

Babies! So cute

3 Likes

Sorry took so long to respond! Busy weekend!! Gorgeous weather had to take care of my outdoor garden (which I’m not sure will make it) apparently moisture does NOT stay in the ground in these parts :frowning: my poor jalapeños and pumpkins lol
But you live and learn: been here 6 months so just need to figure out how nature does it’s thing out here :slight_smile:

You can harvest and then reveg photos?
Those outdoor girls are MASSIVE!!! I don’t know how y’all keep your leaves so green. Spud (in the middle I’d assume) is so damn cute!!! Look at how crazy those colors are!!! Wow!!
I was concerned about bugs more than anything bringing Jill outside. But she sure did love the sun. She was the healthiest (besides the major stretch) when she was in a window lol plus the super soil probably having nutes left and the starving time coincided with the grow tent so I’m not sure if she just didn’t like the sudden change or if she had been hungry too long. Either way she’s still crunchy and discolored so I’m annoyed a bit.

Trying to figure out a good schedule to follow for autos when it comes to nutes. That’s my next mission. The fftrio schedule sorta keeps the nutes strong until 12 weeks it says… where I’m assuming my auto flowering starts a bit earlier… so I’d wanna tweak it a touch.

HOW DID she fill out from that?!? To go from skinny scrawny to POOF!!?!
Imma have to make my next one an outside. I sure you answered this In one of the many posts so I’ll have to go back and look up yiur journal and such. When do you start putting em outside? I’ll try to find it too…

HAHHAHHAA RIGHT?!? I mean If it comes with an Ewok or an AT-ST I might need that lighting system… just saying.
Tbh That was my biggest fear lol the advice from people who have upgraded over the years and are like BAM! Just get this 200sqft grow system from the start and you’ll be set for life! Only 42 easy payments of $69.99!! :rofl::rofl::scream:

Yea I don’t want to worry about the inside outside inside outside of photos for the 12/12 switch. I’d probably end up keeping that lady in veg until she was a friggin redwood tree cuz I couldn’t find a dark enuff spot :rofl:

Oh… my… goodness… who is this majestic little meatloaf?!?
Look at that faaaaaaace!! Little puffer cheeks!! :cat::green_heart::green_heart:

I couldn’t lift 7 gallons. The plant would easily be bigger than me… :confused: not fun times. But I might do an inside blueberry and an outside blueberry next year just to see. Unfortunately I’m not sure about summer temps here yet seeing as tho I haven’t lived through one yet… and it might be too late. She’ll take too long to hit flower before it’s freezing at night again lol (or maybe not) MN had 95 degree days with 200% humidity and at night it would drop to 70% humidity and 30 degrees :rofl::rofl: not cannabis friendly at all… so I need to figure out the weather here first.
I love your views tho. Treeeeees… so much privacy :blush:

2 Likes

Hi there!!! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
Awwww they’re so pretty! I almost don’t remember when Jill was so bright and green!!
Basil next to them? :blush:
And those are in a greenhouse right? How do the temps get midday? Imma have to find ur journal and read up!! Hope you and @OlyBoy98503 are having a nice weekend.

2 Likes

I dont really journal perse, and no thats a spinach plant that actually lived through winter with no help at all… its bolting now and we have eaten a lot off her, sadly shes done and will be gone in the next episode :laughing:. No I just photo bomb other peoples threads… like this one! I figure If I want my stuff seen I best post my stuff in popular places right? :laughing:

6 Likes

The greenhouse is 12 feet high and these plants will be banging off the cieling in a couple months.

3 Likes

No way! 12 feet? :scream::scream:
Ah spinach! It looks tall! lol lol
Apparently I do the same thing!! Ugh posted my whole long winded reply in @OlyBoy98503 post :woman_facepalming: Mine was unintentional tho lol

1 Like

LOL! I’m pretty sure that just about everybody who’s been here a while has done this AT LEAST one time!

At least you remembered it when it happened. There was one time when I posted in someone else’s thread and couldn’t find it later (when I looked on my own thread). So I posted it again on my own thread. Then people started responding to it on the OTHER thread and I was pretty confused for a bit, until I figured out what I did.

No harm, no foul.

But it’s a really nice update! lol!

4 Likes