OldTimeRockAndGrow Grow 1.25 And Beyond

My first grow started off with 4 autos. They are getting close to done and honestly I thought they would be done by now. So about a month ago I dropped an Acapulco Gold photo seed. I figured by the time it was ready to put in a 5 gallon bag the tent would be empty. I was wrong. So my 4x4 tent has 5 plants in it now. For the first run I used Kind Soil and Fox Farm Coco Loco. I had a bag of Kind Soil left so I put the new seed in the same medium. My plan is to drop an auto seed here soon. Then wait a couple weeks and drop another. As the photo finishes up I will decide what to do next. I kind of want to keep plants moving in and out as much as possible. I just set up a second 4x4 tent to dry the first run in. I imagine it will become a veg, cloning, mother plant tent after I get the first 4 dried. This journal will focus on the new plant the the others to come. Here is the support ticket for my setup.
• What strain, Barney’s Farm Acapulco Gold
• Method: Kind Soil and Fox Farms Coco Loco
• Vessels:5 gallon grow bags
• PH of Water, 6.5-6.9
• PPM/TDS N/A
• Indoor
• Light system 2 Budget LED 250w v3+ Redspec 1 standard heatsink 1 xl heatsink
• Temps;Day 80 Night 75
• Humidity;Day 50% Night 60%
• Ventilation system; Yes AC Infinity 6" with AC Infinity Carbon Filter
• De-humidifier Yes
• Co2; No

2 Likes

Here are some pics of the setup.

4 Likes

And here are some pics of the Acapulco Gold plant from birth through today.

She started out in a Solo Cup and then I moved to a 1 gallon Phat Sack transplant bag. And finally to the 5 gallon grow bag. She is 12" tall. She sprouted on 5-21.

3 Likes

Ok now to tag in everyone that has helped me along so far. @repins12 @registereduser @Covertgrower @Nicky @Chasworks @Capt.Cola @Bulldognuts @Skydiver @Hellraiser I started my second journal and you have helped and conversed along the way so I am tagging you in so you can follow if you like. Thanks for all you have done.

7 Likes

One more post for now. Just want to give an idea where my head is at for this grow. I really like the idea of organic growing and not using nutes. I have nothing against them I just want to give this a try and see how it works for me. I used Kind Soil the first go around. My next plants will be I will be using Detroit Nutrient
Company water only soil. I have also been doing some digging into organic teas. I have ordered what I need to start brewing a veg tea. I will experiment with that for a bit and see how it goes. And I plan on starting an auto seed soon and then another a couple weeks after that. So we will see what happens.

2 Likes

Oh yeah @pptrsha1 here is the Acapulco Gold plant I told you about when I dropped the seed. I started a new journal for her and my next seeds.

2 Likes

You forgot me…:pensive::pensive::pensive::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

We didn’t forget, just delayed posting.

2 Likes

i love an experiment

1 Like

Thanks for the tag, I’m set to watch :+1:

1 Like

I’m tuned to watching my brother. Thanks for the tag :+1: :v:

1 Like

My apologies. Consider your self un-forgotten. I need to start playing one of those memory games I am starting to get CRS syndrome. (Can’t remember sh!t) :grimacing:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Watching.

I was just joking bro. I was not worried at all and I know all to well CSR. Get up and crap…what was are going to do.

As youngsters our grandparents would say wait till you are our age. We was invisible…all that wisdom they taught us. I understand now being almost 48 with a body of a 1000 year old man. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

out of likes again!

2 Likes

I know you were. No worries. Glad you found it to call me out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am all over this forum. Not much gets past me since all I have is time. :+1:

1 Like

Alright I think I have the next 2 plants figured out. I will probably drop one of the auto seeds I have this weekend. I have decided to use Detroit Nutrient Company Living Soil for the next 2 plants. It is supposed to be able to be water only all the way through veg. I will wait 2-3 weeks and plant another auto seed. Detroit Nutrient Company also has recipes for veg and flowering organic tea for those that like to tinker and try to get more yield and flavor. I have ordered all the gear I need for tea making. I am not planning on topping or doing much other than a light LST on the next 3 plants. My first 4 are close to finishing but I think I made a few mistakes and they turned out to be nice bonsai plants. They are very short but have pretty nice buds. So I am hoping with these next 3 plants I can learn how they grow and what little tweaks will help. I know I probably won’t get maximum yield but I will learn a bunch along the way. Then I can start figuring out what works best for me. The soil has been strongly recommended from the grow store I bought some other stuff from. I am from Michigan and I like to support businesses from Michigan also. Kind Soil and Budget LED grow lights are both Michigan companies. Budget LED is also veteran owned so that is a big plus. I am looking forward to this grow and I am sure I won’t worry as much as I did my first one. Stay safe and High. :beers: :beers:

2 Likes

Awesome my friend. That’s what it’s all about, learning what works best for you. What works for one, doesn’t always work for the other. You got this :+1: :v:

1 Like

I have trouble keeping track of water and feed schedules between plants in veg an and in the flower tent. Let alone mixing autos and photos. More power to you. Serious multi-tasking. Good luck!

1 Like