Old Smoker Wanting to Get Back in Game

Hello everyone, so I’m a first time grower and used to be Smoker long time ago ( now only wife does). That said I was curious about what strain some of you who may be in a similar situation enjoy and recommend.
So the short story is I used to love smoking and one day I started having panic attacks. Fast forward years later I still deal with. I usually stay far far away from sativas because the whole feeling my heart beat out of my chest will trigger one for sure. I’ve always liked the downer strains when I hit it I cannot move and I’m so relaxed and chill.
So for someone in my situation who hasn’t smoked in years and has issue with sstrains that get your heart racing, what would some of you experts suggest?
( p.s I am a vet on many meds and would prefer to go all natural in future)

8 Likes

Indica dominant…

You want lots of amber when you harvest… it will determine the buzz … lots of amber = couch lock … cloudy = day time stuff that can give you anxiety… @GrowingIs4Everyone

2 Likes

Thank you for your service.

Sativa and indica isn’t the only way to differentiate how it affects you. Trichome maturity at harvest is also an important factor. Harvesting with more amber in the trichomes also produces the effect you desire.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service.
The weed now days is pretty strong. When you do start smoking it again dont do too much at a time. Start slowly eventually you will be able to handle more at a time, get more stoned without it being too much. I picked it back up after over 20 years and only did 1 hit at a time once or twice a day and only if I wasn’t going anywhere around people for the next few hours. Now I take a couple hits in the morning 1 right before I leave the house I take a hit or two during the day if Im not on a job. I take a couple of hits at night to help me get to sleep. Indica is usually is more sedative than Sativa but harvesting too early is usually the reason for weed making people anxious and paranoid. More Amber trichomes, more couch lock. Too many clear trichomes, racy, jittery, anxious or paranoid or all the above.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone and yea being new to learning more about the plant and growing etc I didn’t think about all the other factors that could sway my experience. I appreciate all the input, I would just love to be able to kick back and relax all natural style :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would start back in with Granddaddy Purple, toke lightly my friend, This is predominately Indica and one of my favorites along with White Widow.
I grow both from Auto seeds.

4 Likes

Thanks and I had eyeballed that one a few times based on reading about it. Yea the last time I smoked was really good I just did that hit once or twice small hits not like hitting a gravity bong or entering a smoking contest :joy:. I miss those days but I would rather be able to enjoy a little than none at all.

2 Likes

If you need any more help just holla we are here to help @GrowingIs4Everyone the sweet zombie is the fastest growing Autoflower i know of 95% indica… thx for your service bro :pray:

2 Likes

You should have seen the eyes of a friend the first time I vaped, hit it so hard there was vapor all over the place and coughed for 10 minutes.
Don’t think there was anything left in his cartridge, I only pipe smoke or dry vape now with an occasional joint,

1 Like

Haha lmao i bet :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood. Thank you for serving.

1 Like

@beachglass how’re you Sir…

Hey @GrowingIs4Everyone , Welcome to the forum.
This is not the most popular strain among those who are seeking a “One and Done” super strong strain, but I have found it helps with that unpleasant effect of thc.

With a high CBD level it tempers the paranoid effects amazingly well. Once you get to where you want a stronger high you just mix in some Harlequin with your other strains and it tempers the high and keeps the paranoia away. My current fav is 2/3 Blue Dream + 1/3 Harlequin.
By itself its like a 1970s weed that simply relaxes you. Everyone now seems to be chasing the strongest strains they can find, but I see it like alcohol, I can buy Everclear at 190 proof, but I enjoy a cold beer or nice wine more than just getting falling down drunk.

5 Likes

Very well put and thank you. I’m the kind of person I used to enjoy smoking my “shwag” (spelling lol never spelled it always just said it) (the crappier old school weed before KB etc). I love dbeing able to smoke all day and be chill but functioning and not having a damn panic attack lol. I’m actually growing blue dream now for my wife so that could work :). I was looking into a high cbd plant for me anyways but never thought of mixing.

3 Likes

Blue dream has enough CBD content that helps temper the high. ILGMs strain says up to 2%. Thats why its popular among users who don’t want the heady effects. Its my wifes favorite strain right now.
You will like it.

1 Like

Get a scope to check tric’s. Plenty of help here to decide when to chop. Welcome :blush:

1 Like

Stick with indica dominant strains. They don’t play on a head high and mostly body, relax to couch lock. Most of the strains came from India, Pakistan and the middle east. They come from the steps or as we call them foothills and such. They stay small for the most part and are not the production/weight kings. All the Kush strains and many others are what you want. Please read strain descriptions closely. With all the candy ass hybrid fufu weed we have now days you never know whats in a candy ass fufu name or a clue what it may mean. For me trich color is about the flavor once you get to cloudy. It’s common knowledge and has been since I’ve been growing you never harvest when there clear. Most potent is when cloudy and the flavor profile starts getting heavy, thicker or more earthy as they go amber. Never in my grow life have I experienced strong better or more body high due to amber trich’s. Good Luck!

2 Likes

@post 19

[quote=“Spiney_norman, post:14, topic:88386”]
Welcome to the forum.
[/quote] and thank you for your service.
My current fave is a mix of Harlequin and White Widow.
CBD and THC.
ILGM seeds work well

2 Likes

@GrowingIs4Everyone Welcome aboard and thank you for your Service!! I agree the feeling your looking for is attainable from both Sativa and Indica as long as you resist the ‘chop early syndrome’ that all beginner growers struggle with lol. I’d think a good Indica at about 20-30% ambers would keep your heart in your chest where it belongs lol. Good luck!!

1 Like