Old School Garage closet Auto Run

Tosses the last Sour D and Northern Lights auto runs. Thrips was the issue. Wouldn’t have been a very meager harvest After treating and removing damages leaves. Cleaning and sanitizing the closet and lung room (the garage) New line up with a photo in the mix.
3-Sour Diesel autos
2 Northern Lights autos
1 AK47 photo.
5!autos above ground. Waiting on the AK47.

3 Likes

We always bounce back. Why do some start so low in cups? Same reason why I start low after transplant? For temp/humidity control. Altho latest seed went straight into final home, 3g coco. I’ll never do that again. Way slower growth rate than using a solo cup then transplanting once leaves are over the edges ~half inch

Agree on both statements, I transplanted around day 7 from breaking ground on the last run and they took off. I used to germ in jiffy pucks, but started going with the same medium to germ and final pot. I intentionally went low on the coco this time because of some stretching and a full cup with no room to add coco to support the stems. These went in the coco about 3/8” deep and one came out with a solid full helmet on, took a little finagling but got both sides off. Not sure how I’m going to grow the photo knowing the height will exceed the autos. Thinking of a mainline to keep here the height of the autos?? Any suggestions? :love_you_gesture: @MeEasy @Mark0427 @Mo-grow @Budz

2 Likes

Not sure what your question is bro, maybe it’s to early in the morning :thinking: lol I’m still on my first cup… if it’s the best way to keep a plant short I’d say the strain you pick would be the biggest factor. The main-lining idea would be good to you can keep em tied low and flip to flower pretty quick.

1 Like

Thanks brother, question was suggestions on training to keep the AK from out growing the autos. Was thing mainline or manifold. I’ve got about 16” in diameter between the pots to work with, was thinking fimming would be too bushy? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito I am in the process of building a similar set up. My garage is not climate control as of yet. I am now building a climate controlled closet inside my garage. I have some potential concerns about heat messing up my closet temps while watering, trimming, etc while the doors are open and the ambient heat in the garage comes in. What is your (or others) experience and take on this issue?

Welcome to the community VAVA, do you have any fans in the closet exhausting air? I built my closet on the fly and modified several times during a couple of grows. If you don’t have an exhaust inside exhausting air out, you could use a portable fan turned backwards. Use it only when you open the door to blow the ambient air away and exhaust the closet air at the same time. I lined the closet with some insulated reflective sheets. I did insulate the walls before that. I exhaust my air to the outside of the garage. Actually have 2 fans a 6” and 8” with a 2 small circulating fans to keep the circulating inside. It’s important to find a way to bring in fresh air :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yep, I have built a port hole going into the house. I figured it was better getting fresh air from the house since it has heat and a/c. This way ambient air from the garage won’t effect the closet temps. However, I’m just concerned that opening the door may bring in hot or cold temps during summer or winter. The garage is not climate controlled. So if it’s hot outside, it’s hot in the garage and the same with winter. If it’s cold outside, it’s cold in the garage. My concern is if these ambient temps would shock my plants when I open the door to maintenance them? It will also have a port for a in-line fan. Below are pictures. The picture is scewed for some reason. The closet is 2x4x7.

2 Likes

Nice build, looks familiar, I built the closet floor about 20” off the garage floor. Saves on the back and I store my grow stuff under it. I like the moisture resistant Gyp. Board, nice touch. No worries on the closet door being open during feeding, health checks and training. and I like and wish I could have brought the cool air from my house to the closet but I’m detached. Definitely need an exhaust fan and suggest exhausting to the exterior outside of the garage and some small oscillating fans inside. I have a small clip fan and a 22” tier fan plus 2 exhaust fans. Nice job, at least you’re planning ahead, I was building and growing at the same time….not good :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your input! LOVE your build btw! I am currently growing in a spare bedroom and can’t wait to finish “The Bud Box”. And great advice on raising the floor, I may just do that! Best of luck with your grow!!!

2 Likes

Likewise on the grow and Bud Box :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Do u have a journal?? Tag if u do. Prolly wont be on for a few days boys as have some running to do the next couple days and just bad luck all around.

1 Like

Hope it’s good run and works out :love_you_gesture:

They’re still alive, butt ugly but growing. I took the ties off when I tossed them out :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

They look happy out there

1 Like

yeah, if one REALLY wanted to get fancy, you have enough room underneath doing that, to pipe in a drain over to the side to a catch basin for your RO water :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, sunshine and the wife waters the garden every morning. I’m just worried about nosy neighbors :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Had some drain lines on my regular pot saucers for that. When I went to auto pots I put a shut off valve/drain line at the end of every pot series to drain the trays, for run off I pull a sample from under the pots with a big syringe. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Auto update: all 5 autos above ground, waiting on the photo AK47 to break ground. I know she’s there, I flicked a little of the coco off the top and see her top getting ready to surface :love_you_gesture:

1 Like