Old School garage closet auto grow

Right on, will do. Welcome to retirement.

1 Like

Good morning GroBros and my sister from across the pond :rofl:. This week was hell for humidity here in the south! 80-90%.

Skittlez 1 at 58 days

Skittlez 2 63 days. This one was fimmed and really stalled the growth

3 and 4 at 39 days. One fimmed, one topped.

Sour D and Northern Lights at 18 and 23 days. Topped the Northern Lights and she didn’t stall at all

5 Likes

Good morning @Hellraiser. Quick question on curing? I think I read where you use the CVaut?? Do you have to daily burp the buds and what’s your opinion on the Boveda packs?

1 Like

Yes, I burp the cvaults for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Not sure if you wanted only Hell’s opinion or anyone’s?

I use the 62 packs and am quite happy with them.
I wouldn’t say (in my experience so far) they’re any good at bringing the buds into range particularly well with my temps here, but it sure does keep them there once they’re at that range.

Eg. The other week I had some buds that were well over range (jarred up too early) and the packs couldn’t bring them down enough to get into range.
Then silly me overdried the buds (snap weather change here) and again, the packs couldn’t bring the buds back UP enough to get back into range. So I had it use fresh leaves. Then once in range, took leaves out and added Boveda packs back in,and they’re holding perfectly :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for that info BStarr, I ordered some grove bags monday, we’ll see how those work??

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been advised a couple of times to check them out but haven’t yet bought any! It’d probably solve a lot of my storage issues when I pull down several plants in quick succession too, since I assume the Grove bags would take up less space than a kazillion glass jars?

2 Likes

Likewise BStarr

2 Likes

@Capt.Cola you nailed it on the Sour D and stubborn and short. Northern Lights is growing like a weed :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

Morning brother man :sunglasses:. I wonder why they stay so small and bushy? I think sd was the first plant I had that stayed “small”. Either way both look great! How is your window ac unit treating you? We had some hot weather here for a couple days and was happy that my room stayed cool. Not long ago I said we don’t see 90’s till later in the summer well we saw it a few days ago. Going to be a hot one I guess! Enjoy your day brother.

1 Like

Good morning Brother Capt, the AC is keeping the garage around 76-78. Runs constantly though. Eventually I’ll need to upsize to a 12000 BTU to keep it running and shut down at the set temp. I took the old portable one on wheels, the 5000BTU and running it on DH most of the time. It’s piped into the closet. All good but not looking forward to the elect bill. Notice some signs of nitrogen overload on the next skittlez in line for harvest in 2-3 weeks. PH was on point at 6.5. Flushed with several gallons and the 1st one coming down next weekend. I think I’m going to try and grow the Sour D in a spiral seeing as I never topped her. She didn’t show enough growth and healthy signs to do any LST early on. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@MeEasy @Capt.Cola @anon33684698 @Axemanjake23 @AfgVet @Not2SureYet @MoBilly
2nd auto skittlez in line for harvest in 2-3 weeks. 1st one to show the purple. 2nd pic of the skittlez coming down next week. Only difference was the lighting. The purple had no UV in the light, the other did :thinking::thinking:

Family photo. Adding Silica throughout makes Bending and tieing these down a lot more difficult. Snapped a few tops on the smaller ones. Obvious by the 4 corner cola monster in front. Snapped her at the base on a topping job too close to the main.

9 Likes

Looking great @OGIncognito

The girl with the 3 towers, did you do any special training to her? Those colas are looking heavy!!

2 Likes

Good morning sister AfgVet, are you asking about the 1 up front with the 4 tower colas? LST mistake and a lot of silica. I wanted to ask you about the the difference in bud color between the 2. They’re 8 days apart in age and under 2 different 1000 watt lights. Spider farmer full spec with UV over the dark green skittlez and a Wills 1000 watt full spectrum without UV over the skittlez with the purple that they’re known for?? She suffered some nitro overload. Weird had 4 growing getting fed from the same reservoir and she is the only one to show the sign. Anyway have been flushing her along with the one getting ready to chop. The good thing is she is showing deeper green growth below and no wing up daily, so I see that as a good sign of recovery?

2 Likes

Color from my plants is still a bit of a mystery to me. Obviously if you lower temps on them they will likely show more color. But I have grown Sick O Berry three times now. Grow 3 was a clone from #2. Number two showed no color, #3 showed a nice bit of purple. Same grow conditions same light etc.

3 Likes

Right on, makes sense that the purple one has seen lower temps after I got the conditioning dialed in. Thanks AfgVet :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Looks great bro!
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks MoBilly, hope she fully blossoms purple. I’m trying to catch up to you. :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

AND, THEIR OFF!!!
Good luck, my friend, for I was just in there 30 minutes ago before lights out. They are really getting serious about putting on the buds. :joy:

I’m not an overly competitive person, but this one I WANT to win!!!
:wink:.
:seedling::evergreen_tree: My sprouts are becoming trees!!

3 Likes

Well deserved Brother, you’re killing it. I’m still going to catch you, don’t know when :love_you_gesture::joy::joy:

2 Likes