Old School all the Way: 1st Grow

That’s exactly the same day I kill the lights and move everything outside. :sunny:How’s it going redddaddy.? Are you running any outdoor this year?

Is that a 2-story garage? I wish

@noddykitty1 im putting couple out with my outside garden my friend

1 Like

High,
Nope I start them in a solo cup with starting soil them transplant right into my garden, Mother Earth! I got about 9 lbs from this grow.
Happy growin
Ger

2 Likes

So here is an update on my girls. This is 9 days after they broke ground in the starter tray, and 6 days after transplanting them into the small pots. They are outside right now enjoying a bit of sun with the tomatoes and peppers. Until it is warm enough (and dry enough) to get them into the garden, they are indoors under lights (nothing fancy, just a little supplement to what comes through the windows). I think they are doing ok so far, but y’all know more about this than I do, so if there are any suggestions, I’m open to hearing 'em. Thanks!

2 Likes

Looks good. Truckin along👍

1 Like

Thanks!

Need more soil in those cups you can add it as the plant gets taller. Eventually fill them to the top.

2 Likes

Yup–that is exactly the plan!

So here we are 9 days later. These broke ground (in the starter tray) April 1st and went into the small pots on the 4th. Because we’ve had rain and even some snow, it’s going to be a while before they can go out into the garden. So I put them in 1 gal pots yesterday. I’ve got some cheapo lights on them (and the tomatoes and peppers) to supplement the light coming in the window. I think they are doing ok, but welcome any input. Thanks!

4 Likes

@stockdogranch They couldn’t possibly look any better. They are perfect.

3 Likes

Awww…thanks!! That’s reassuring.

2 Likes

The latest update. They went into the 1 gal pots 6 days ago; they are 24 days from breaking ground. We’ve had some sunny days, so they’ve spent some time outside. Yesterday and today we had 80* temps, so they were outside all day. I got some of ILGM’s nutes, so started giving them some Stage 2 Growtime the day after they went into the 1 gal pots. Thanks to everyone’s advice on here, I wait until the pots get really dry before watering again.
With the warm temps these past 2 days, things dried out enough that I actually got the tiller into the garden, but it will be some weeks before I can put these girls (and the tomatoes and peppers and everything else) into the garden. More rain coming this week, and some below freezing temps at night, so I have a ways to wait. Meanwhile, they are inside under my cheapo lights, and out in the sun when possible. I think they are doing well so far…

3 Likes

Yours look so much better than mine. I am going to wait till low temps are higher before I start to germinate my next 5 seeds. I can’t wait to get my garden in either. I am going to start my peppers and tomatoes next week from seed. It those are some pretty girls all green and shinny.

1 Like

Thanks. They took off after I put them in the bigger pots. My tomatoes and peppers are taking over the house. They also had to go into 1 gallon pots so they are taking up a lot of space (I have too many). I know I started everything too early, but I am so used to my super long growing season in SoCal that I couldn’t help myself. Back there, everything would have gone in the ground mid-March, and the tomatoes would be flowering and getting ready to set fruit by now.

1 Like

@stockdogranch your girls have fantastic coloring, can’t wait to see how they progress once you get them into your garden. Monsters I bet!!!

2 Likes

I am sure it’s an adjustment for you but you will get the hang of it

1 Like

Thanks! I hope!!

Just kind of flying by the seat of my pants lol!

1 Like

@Impatient is that a Bengals jersey your sporting?? You may have to change the impatient to OMGJOEBURROUGHSGOTUSTHERE!!!

2 Likes