Old Man.....Newbie Growerl8tr

:+1:t3: Frosty :green_heart: Love

Nothing is clear enough to really see good. Also, what type of high are you looking to get outta it? That has a lot to do with when to harvest. It’s all a matter of personal preference.

4 Likes

Id like a close up of that FIM. I know its still too soon. Just want to keep looking at more and more until it makes sense :joy:

2 Likes

yeah, really need to have a much more magnified view of the trichomes. most people harvest when they start seeing trichomes turning amber. the more amber colors you get, the more “couch lock” the high is. If you want a more energetic high, try to harvest when the trichomes are milky in color. If you harvest when trichomes are clear, you get more of a head high. Most people enjoy a good balanced high, so it’s best to aim for all milky with a few amber.

3 Likes

An alternative is to just pinch a bit higher and then keep doing it as needed until the side shoots grow up to the same height. You don’t loose that main stem and accomplish the same thing, more tops

Croppin right? My attempt didnt go so well. I broke skin. Repaired the crap outta her but that was before ILGM. She still has a brown spot but still growing. It was just some midgrade bag seed i popped in some soil i was playing with. Never watered (ok maybe a bit on droughtish weeks but VERY little). Never fed. Pot was broken on one side. Just effing around. Got 2 plants that just wont die. Need to put down some DE cuz the only thing affecting them, aside from rootboundness a month or so ago, has been pests. I gave her some better soil in a 5 gallon bucket… and well.

Im actually looking forward to her flowering now. Needs training and serious love. And for me to stop killing clones off her :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Whoops… just rememberd… i topped and cloned the taller plant yesterday immediately after the pics. Clone is in a 2 liter bottle as i type :joy:

1 Like

Here you go 2 pic of my Fiming

Hope they are better picture’s

2 Likes

Yup looks like 4 tops to me. How long ago?

3 Likes

healthy plants…

1 Like

Little over 2 days…

Thank You @amosmoses

Hey sky your mainliners are fillin out great I’m gonna tag you into mine 2wks ago and now so you can see the difference. Yours will explode over the next 2 wks.
I’m with purp on the FIMs I still don’t see 4 tops. It’s frustrating not knowing what I’m looking at on the multiple colas…

Also, I remembered something from my nursery days. Iron will turn yellow to green sometimes
Iron Deficiency In Plants
Image of iron deficiency in plantsImage of iron deficiency in plants
IMAGES
Iron deficiency, also called iron chlorosis or lime chlorosis, starts with a yellowing of the leaves in between the dark green veins, giving the leaves a spidery look. Over time, the leaves become whitish and start to die back, eventually resulting in stunting and dying back of the entire plant.
How to Treat Iron Deficiency in Plants | Today’s Homeowner
Today’s Homeowner › how-to-treat-
The pics didn’t come through but you can look up iron deficiency in plants. It looks very similar to a cal-mag deficiency. Hope it helps

2 Likes

Sorry about the iron thing. Wrong thread again :confounded:

1 Like

On his pic i was looking at the stems under new growth. Yours was almost weeks ago right? @Redeyedranger

2 Likes

2 or 3 wks ago @PurpNGold74
Never saw a difference except some f’d up leaves

1 Like

Thought I would post some recent pictures of The manifold lady’s…thinking that I am going to raise the light some to get some vertical height to help with the bushy plants …in the pics you will see very short but very healthy…I have been keeping the light about 2 to 3 inches above plants…thinking about 5-6 inches will be better.

5 Likes

They are looking good! I did the topping the other day. Horrified to clean out the bottom nodes. How many days did you wait? Think @Redeyedranger went 3-4

Edit: i think i topped at a MUCH smaller size then each of you. She is taller but much skinnier. ‘Leggy’ if you will

3 Likes

Yeah I only waited a few days and had a few people tell me not to trim stuff off that early but I did it anyway :face_with_raised_eyebrow: the big one was a really vigorous strong plant. I think I could’ve done just about anything to it and it would’ve been ok. Long story short I did 2 mainlines and it stunted one and not the other just depends on the plant. If I were you @PurpNGold74 I’d wait til 7 days or at least til those 2 main colas come out a little more (starting 3rd node) just my opinion unless you have several girls to mess around with :v:

1 Like

Indeed i do. Iver been trying to train them in a circle around the pot. Have plenty of time… as long as i dont get caught up reading journals and leave the girls out too long. They actually went to bed on me tonight. Need to keep an eye on em. I usually 18/6 but sun slipped on me and i couldnt get them back under lights. So :man_shrugging:t5: Early nap. Still 14. Tomaro 18 again! :joy:

3 Likes

:eyes: Love it guys. Hehee

2 Likes