Old farts & acronymns

Anywhere I can find a list of acronyms that are being used here?

This whole forum is a list of acronyms man :grin: :sunglasses:
:thinking:
Did you have a few in mind? Maybe I can help! I am sure that anyone who sees this can toss in a little, maybe help out a bit.

6 Likes

General internet acronyms:

and some Cannabis-specific ones:
https://vangst.com/blog/decoding-acronyms-in-the-cannabis-industry
One that pops out I didn’t see is FIM, short for “F*ck, I missed” when topping, referring to making your cut just a little higher, into the new growth with the hopes of getting multiple tops, more than the typical 2 when topping.

Also, anything you’re unsure of, just ask. Most everyone around here is pretty chill and will help you out. No dumb questions here, my friend! :v:

3 Likes

I just run across so many and I need a place I can look them up so I quit buggin my kids. They do think it’s funny though. I cant remember but there was one that started with a Q & was 4 letters long that neither of the kids knew what it was.

2 Likes

Hey I knew that one, must be getting better thanks for the web site lists I’ll go there & let my brain get fried Thanks

1 Like

IT"s another fricking language, to old, I’ll stick with words an askin the kids when I see em. Thanks

1 Like

QWET, maybe? That’s a quick wash ethanol…using ethanol as a solvent to make concentrates.

2 Likes

that was it! your now one of my kids.

2 Likes

Shoot, that’s way better than the other way around…“HEY, I’m one of your kids!” :rofl:

3 Likes

Mine is LARF. Short for light and fluffy foliage?

2 Likes

I think you misspelled it …that would be Laff.

1 Like
4 Likes

When you run into an acronym you cannot figure out; POst it here and we can most likely define it for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@JaneQP, @Holmes, @BobbyDigital, @latewood, @Audiofreak, Thank you all I had to use acronymns when I was in the land of make believe (work) for years and none of them apply to the outside world, I thought I’d left that all behind and they pop their ugly little heads up again. You’ll be hearing from me now an again on these nasty creatures. An thanks again. This could be related to WACK-A-MOLEY

3 Likes

Light and really fluffy?

1 Like

i ask about once a week what words mean. @tenga looks them up.

4 Likes