Old Dude Newbie

I’m not experienced, but those buds look great! There is some discoloration; not sure if genetic?

Keep doing what your doing…until the girls tell you otherwise! :call_me_hand:t3:

Mine show similar when they need fed more. I am not in soil though. @Missiles, @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, @dbrn32 any thoughts to this

1 Like

I concur. I would recommend feeding every time.

2 Likes

Ditto…

1 Like

In my ongoing quest not to kill off my first grow I’m concerned, again about the some of the leaves brown redish color and many of the leaves with yellow between the veins. I did water with nutes (ppm was 560 but I don’t know the significance of that yet) and PH was 6.7. I’m going to continue to water about every other day which is when the pots feel lighter to me and with 1/2 of FF recommendation. I mix BigBloom (7ml/gal), GrowBig (2.5ml/gal) and Bloom (2.5ml/gal) and pour slowwww until little runoff.

I guess the question is should I continue with nutes, more nutes or use PH correct water only?

Could this be nitrogen, sulfur or magnesium problem?

Anything I could try to improve?

Thanks everyone for all the help!

3 Likes

Not good when @Covertgrower doesn’t answer :woozy_face:. @Myfriendis410, @dbrn32 or @MattyBear, @Missiles

3 Likes

I would recommend to purchase additional calcium to add to the feeding.

3 Likes

560 ppm seems a little low. I would add calmag and raise total ppm some.

2 Likes

@BuzzCut2030. Are you flushing per fox farm schedule? Also are you reading ph and ppm both going in and coming out?

I wasn’t sure about flushing autos and still need to read up about how to do it if this would help problem. I did water with only ph correct water a couple of times to see if there would be an improvement but there was not. They’re getting pretty big now at the start of the 8th week so I’m not sure I want to rock the boat. But as soon as I’m done I’m going to start more using all the help I’ve gotten to improve my grow so any suggestions are welcome. I’m reading thru current and old posts since There is lot of info there also.

Thanks OD

1 Like

Hello All, I’m trying to determine if I’m getting close to harvesting yet. Some trichomes seem cloudy and some don’t and the pistils are mostly still light in color although about 35-40% are brown. I want to harvest a little early to avoid couch lock on some plants so I don’t want to miss this windows.

Any thoughts?
and Thanks for everyone for contributing the info I’ve been devouring with this new hobby of mine. It’s been one of the more interesting things going on lately around here.

6 Likes

I was recently told you want about 95% brown pistils for a nice non couch lock buzz. Looking good.

1 Like

You are looking close to what I take mine at. I try and let them get a dark gray color. My guess would be a week to get where I chop mine. I don’t go for amber. I would be waiting forever. I can never seem to get there.
Careful on going by orange pistols. I have a few strains that only showed a few orange hairs.

1 Like

If it were me I would start giving straight h2o and chop within a week. I go for the non couch lock as well

3 Likes

Guess I’m the outcast @ 10 - 15 days, I won’t lie I was thinking 2 weeks but everyone always says 2 weeks. LoL. She’s an auto WW correct? I just finished a ww photo grow. Has to be smelling simply divine. Nice :+1:

3 Likes

These are autos. I have 4 in 3 gal pots in a 36x36x60 tent. I didn’t think they’d take up much space or that it would grow at all. Now they are all crowded together and just keep growing. I am using straight water now and am going to chop one or two tomorrow and wait one week for the next plant and another week for the last one. It should give me something to compare. Thanks Buzz

2 Likes

Man I think tomorrow is a little soon personally. Did anyone say now or less then a week? There’s a good deal of white pistils and a couple clear trichs still…you want a real survey??? Opinions on harvest I can call some ppl to.look? If you’d like that is. She’s definitely around the corner. HEY did you sample a nug? You have 4 huh. I’m high too so lol…what else is new…

Looks as if there are a lot of clear glass-like trichomes.

Here is a good reference:

Looking really nice!

Thanks PP3121,LoCoRock, kdawg, Not2SureYet and AfgVet. I need advice with these clear and cloudy trichomes. I’m sure with more experience I’ll be able to better tell the difference but around now they all look cloudy to me. The chart with pics helped a lot.

I ended up choppin one. I think it’s on the early side and that’s what I want just not too early. So I have 3 more to do. I did sample one but here’s the problem. I have no reference least that I remember. It’s been like 30+ years and things have changed a bit since then and I don’t remember to much about smoken back then although I smoked a lot I suppose.

Anyway here’s the pics

3 Likes

Looks like you still have quite a few clear tricombs in that pic. Make sure you are looking at the bud and not a sugar leaf. I saw an amber but I believe it’s on a leaf and not the bud.

I was given this advise my first grow as this stage was stressing me out. I wanted to chop the plant with cloudy tricombs as I wasn’t looking for the heavy body high or couch lock. So I was told wait until I saw a couple of amber tricombs on the buds and the probability was that the majority at that point would be cloudy. That’s what I’ve gone with and it’s worked out perfectly.

2 Likes