Old Dude Newbie

Hello All, Thanks for taking a look at this. This is really a trip growing this. I haven’t done (smoked) anything in 30 years. Arthritis and various other old person problems is motivating me to try and find help in more unconventional areas (to me) than all these drugs the doctors throw at me.

So, I’m not sure my plants are doing the best they can. Info as follows:

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - White Widow Autoflower

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Fox Farm Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil Mix

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - 3 Gallon Plastic Garden Pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - I checked and didn’t copy info but it was within limits

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom NOTE: doing 1/2 or less of each per published schedule.

• Indoor or Outdoor - indoor - 32"X32"X63" Indoor Grow Tent

• Light system - RoHS 600w LED. Veg only turned on veg light. Floweriing now and have both veg and bloom lights on 24hrs.

• Temps; Day, Night - approx 73

• Humidity; Day, Night - approx 55%

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - Yes - C Infinity CLOUDLINE S4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan 205 cfm

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - Humidifier

• Co2; Yes, No - NO

4 Likes

Here are my pics. The leaves seem to me kind of droopy and I’m not sure the color is right.
The leaves have a sort of very light yellow strip on them that the picture doesn’t show real good.
Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 Likes

welcome from another oldie. someone will answer soon. why are you only giving low dose nutes? why only 3 gal? are you using cal mag or anything? i blame lights everytime. its always the lights lol! i have to ask myself why on every decision i make. right or wrong good luck happy growing.

1 Like

hey pptrsha1, 1/2 nutes cause I read something somewhere that for autos 1/2 was more than enough and that full dose would “burn” plants. You know the internet. Everything you read is 100% true. Right?

3 gal pots cause I’m learning. Next 4 or 5 gal pots.

My led lights look real cool and bright. Thats about all I can say. Tops of plants are about 18 - 20" from leds.

Onward thru the fog…

5 Likes

i was shocked to read fox farms internet instructions were 4 TBLS on one nute and the feeding schedule we all use reads 3 TSP! i read a post last week a new grower used the wrong one. i myself screw up every direction that i can and then do the WTH did i do that for thing. lets call for back up.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 is the light guru. @Myfriendis410 @kaptain3d @Bulldognuts @LoCoRock helps all us newbies. @Covertgrower @Amazon66 @Tenga

2 Likes

For now I was thinking about no nutes (HappyFarm Frog soil should have right stuff in it I think)
just water. Babies are dry and thirsty. Here’s a better pic maybe:

5 Likes

My grow is starting it’s 6th week. Sorry missed this important info for grow.
OldDude

Hi @BuzzCut2030 and welcome to the forum! I’m a new grower and grow outside. So I’ll let the others here guide u.
There are many people here who have similar stories-including me. Didnt smoke for 35 years. Now Im learning to grow and looking forward to help with my own cornucopia of symptoms, arthritis and ADD being the worst I guess.
I noticed you said u have ur lights on 24 hrs. See what these other guys say but I’ve heard that some hours of dark are useful to the plant also. But i also know there are lots of schools of thought.
If you want a recommendation of a journal to read to pick up info, I suggest u read the grower named Hellraiser. He is both experienced and patient with new growers.
Happy growing!! Tx for the tag Trish!
:+1:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Trish, I’ll check out Hellraiser. I’m excited to get this right as I think it’s going to be a big help for me. It’s also a blast from the past. Next I’ll be in the recliner blasting Crosby Stills and Nash. In some ways a better time.

5 Likes

Buzz, my name is Patty, but everyone calls me Tenga and @pptrsha1 goes by Trish. Dont worry, there are no pop quizes on names!! Lol

2 Likes

Dont forget Pink Floyd!!!

3 Likes

Are you testing the pH of your nutrient solution just prior to feeding the plants, or are you just mixing and using?

3 Likes

If I read right he’s still just water since he’s ff soil. Ya @ 6 weeks id be on 18/6 w lights. I do 24 hr for a week maybe right after childbirth. LoL welcome to the site …good luck w the autos. I’m a photo fan, did a couple autos just like em bigger I guess.

3 Likes

Welcome to the jungle! There is little to no advantage to 24 hours of light. Plants benefit from darkness, and will take rests with or without lights on.
Your lights and energy bill will benefit from a break. The typical 18/6 is fairly efficient and effective for vegitative growth. Have fun, and again whale cum to our forum

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I am with the canna dude :grin: I believe they need rest too. I veg on either a 16/8 or a 13/11 hr of light and they do great for both autos and photos. I suck at reading leaves but would guess too that they are a little hungry. I feed autos at 1/2 - 3/4 strength. But what else I add in is how I deside what ppm I want to be at. I shoot for a 650 - 700 range in coco for my autos feeding GH nutes. Different nutrients will change those numbers. If I feed Jacks. I am closer to 950 ppm Both do great. Just all nutrients are not created equal

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.

You are very right about the happy Frog soil I’ve used it for 3 grows and haven’t had to feed nutes until transition then I follow the fox farm feeding schedule just as it says and be sure flush when it says. If you use their sledgehammer flush you dont have to run any extra water just follow directions on bottle. I think you’ll be very happy with it. I saw that @tenga mentioned that you were running your lights 24/0. Like she said it’s up to you but the bergman article in one of his courses says that your plant needs dark time as much as light, the sun isn’t out 24 hours a day. We put h2o into our plants during light so the plant needs dark to put oxygen back out of it and into the air. Hydrogen in during light and oxygen out during dark. We ran our lights 24 hours 1st grow and I don’t think it helped, good luck like I said we all do things differently. I’m going to tag along and watch and see what I can learn.

1 Like

@pptrsha1 thanks for the tag always enjoy fresh folks fresh ideas. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Scrolled through some of this… did we cover how often your watering? Watering a little too much or too little can cause the droopy leaves.