Oklahoma SQ 788

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Good afternoon. Here in Oklahoma where I live, they are placing a medical marijuana issue on tue June 2018 ballot. Would it be possible for you to look into this (SQ 788) and inform us users of your site what this will mean for our state?

State Question 788 would legalize marijuana for medical purposes in Oklahoma. Obtaining a state-issued medical marijuana license would require a board-certified physician’s signature. There would be no specific qualifying conditions to receive medical marijuana. People with licenses would be permitted to possess up to three ounces of marijuana on their person and eight ounces of marijuana in their residence. A seven percent tax would be levied on marijuana sales, with revenue being allocated to administrative costs, education, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Licenses would be required to operate dispensaries, commercial growing operations, and processing operations. Municipalities would be prohibited from restricting zoning laws to prevent marijuana dispensaries
Found this on question 788 another article said a medical patient can grow 12 plants 6 mature and 6 seedlings but have not yet found any other info on patient cultivation.
Glad your state is considering medical marijuana and I hope it benefits your community

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for more guidance on to the cost of abtaining grower and dispensary licenses or where to find this information. I am fairly versed on state question 788 and it’s benefits. Just trying to get the word out there so that we can get the vote. Know what I’m saying?

Apologies for the spelling errors. I’m sleepy :wink::wink:

It’s a little late, but if they were to search the sq788 and look for it they can find the text of the legislation tha explains in easy to understand terms of what they can do under it. I used to have it on my old phone, because I am also an OK resident and am patiently awaiting this bill. Come on june. If I can find it I’ll post

1 Like