Okay what's the deal with auto strains?

I think they have their place example … if you live in a climate that has lots of light meaning like 24 hr of light …some people trow them in their veg tent have 2 or 3 harvest … they have their place

1 Like

I luv ILGM autos. This is my GG4 right now

9 Likes

When you’re reading the ILGM autoflower strain descriptions on their website, keep in mind they are being modest. Don’t be turned away because strains like Gorilla Glue, GSCE, Bruce Banner, and many others are listed as “compact” or “small” plants. I routinely have ILGM autos over 5 feet tall and with really nice wide structures. Only once in a while I end up with one on the smaller side here and there.

5 Likes

I’m really liking these autos man. I’ve only grown autos so far, I haven’t tried any photo seeds yet. There’s so many really good photo strains that aren’t auto here tho so eventually I’m gonna jump to photos. But for now, I’m sticking with my autos. I’ve had nothing but success so far. I still have more GSC, GG4 and Bruce Banner auto seeds. I wanna get the sweet mix pack, which I will soon, and a few others.

4 Likes

Auto have their place … but if you really want to have control… full on control and do things that an auto would not allow time for … Photos are where it’s at … I’ve done autos and you can’t mess with them like photos … And those are facts

3 Likes

These look really good and healthy they also look dense and frosty

1 Like

Thanks @Pheno yeah the buds on this one are rock solid, they’re alot frostier than these specific pics show tho. This is only my second grow but this plant is wayyyy bigger than my first plant was

4 Likes

I like autos for now because I’m keeping it simple and don’t tent.

1 Like

I am a photo guy on my medical but auto are great fillin for me to get variety. I personally do not find them easier if screw up. I just try not to. Some get pretty big.

2 Likes

Autos are mostly for beginners to guarantee you a harvest. Grown by themselves autos are fire ass weed. Grown next to photos autos are good weed.

1 Like

i second that

I’m growing outdoors in AZ and want multiple crops to minimize exposure to the rough weather conditions. I’m going to harvest a couple of plants by the time I plant some photos in early June and start another couple autos in August to harvest in November.

1 Like

I grow both. Sometimes simultaneously but more often separately. Always interesting and fun. I’ve had equal successes and equal challenges in both autos and photos.

End results differ but the smoke is always good either way

I just learn and always try to grow better crops each time. At the end of the day i grow to smoke safe clean and potent bud. Makes me happy

1 Like

I’m a newbie and went with Autos thinking they were easier ( common misconception). After actually researching and learning about growing from all kinds of sources and speaking to respected growers I realized Autos are not really for beginners. They are more temperamental and can be stunted alot easier. That said not having to worry about light cycle for my first grow was nice so far. My girls are 38 days old from popping out of soil and are amazing so far, I wouldn’t have thought this would have been possible. Some people knock on Autos I’ve seen because they either failed at it or whatever the case may be. In the end the more ways we have to grow the better off we are.

2 Likes