Okay so my I think my buds might be dry enough

I jar them with a hygrometer. My understanding is that if the jar reaches 70% they need to be dried further. Sound right? I trimmed a 1/4 and jarred it to see if I’m good.

when mine hit 70 i took them out and put them in a paper bag. i will check them daily

1 Like

So 70 is the magic number then?

70 is too high. imo.you want around 60 in the jars. i am sure other people will have their opinions but dont let it drift higher

2 Likes

Gotcha thanks! Yeah I hit 75 and dumped that 1/4 back into the dry box. Will try again in 12 hours

i would do the same. how awful would it be to get this far and then get mold

2 Likes

I got that covered, in fact my buds are drying too fast. I have a cardboard box with an inline fan attached to it. I was NOT getting any mold. I chopped this plant early as a test subject. Too much airflow. Will adapt for the next

i took the fan out of mine for the same reason! it slowed the drying down

1 Like

Yeah I have unplugged it for the remainder. I’m only at 2 1/2 days hanging right now and their crispy on the outside

1 Like

@Eagles009. You should still keep a bit of indirect air flow in the area that you’re drying in.
Mold can still form during the drying process if the air doesn’t move.
:v:

3 Likes

62 is magic number

3 Likes

Okay! I don’t have a way to get a small fan in there so I’ll just plug the inline back in and deal with the quick dry. Lesson learned. So glad I chopped this one to test on the others are way too pretty to mess up

1 Like

To begin cure?

1 Like

Yes sir. I find myself returning them to a emergency drying rack pretty often also.

I just cure in 5 gal container now so it really needs to be pretty spot on before going there. Over 65 causes issues

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks much!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

i use a cardboard dry box that i cut a door into it plus all the holes in it and a floor fan keeps the air moving around the box. my humidity is a constant 45% this slowed my drying down . i guess everyone has to find what works for them. i stopped using fans too close after i had 45% going into the jar. @LoCoRock showed me how to use paper bags to dry

3 Likes

Thanks, next round will be dried in my veg tent. I’m going to try it with the inline running. If that’s still too much in that much bigger space I’ll just go with indirect clip ons! Appreciate yall

2 Likes

i only use the box because i had too many plants again. i only have one room and one carbon filter or those babies would be all over my house

1 Like

1 Like