Ok, what am I looking at?

Hi there. Below are two pictures. One is my Black Widow and the other is Chocolope. Both are ending week 4 of flower. As you can see Ms Widow has nute burn which I’ve stopped giving nutes for the time being and watering to run off water pH between 6.2 - 6.4. I don’t see any burning of the tips on new leaves. Light is 24 in from the top of the plant. If you see anything different please let me know.
Ms Chocolope is a different story. I don’t know what’s wrong with her. I had the same problem my last grow with her. That harvest was a total loss. The leaves are discolored, shriveling up and drying out. I was thinking she has a nutrient deficiency. Which would be a little normal bc I have not topped dressed these ladies. To add Ms Strawberry Cough seems to be doing ok. I was using FF Open Sesame 1 tablespoon per 3 gallon of water pH between 6.2 - 6.4.
Right now I’m out of everything except a GH Flora series. I wonder if Ms Chocolope has a macro deficiency. Should I give her macro 1tsp and bloom 1.5 tsp per a gallon of water.
Help. What should I do?
Pictures to follow. Can’t seem to load them at this time.

2 Likes

Get some pictures up if ya can.
But what was ppm of run off last time?
When i hear the verbal description, my first thought is they are starving and consuming themselves to try and make flowers…

But seeing them and just a little bit of info is really need to be sure…

Had to post using my laptop.
Here you go. Chocolope is the one with the small buds. Strawberry Cough is the on with the big cotton ball of pistils. Black Widow is the one with the burned leaf tips.

1 Like

I did not measure unfortunately, but I will. I know the ppm of the bucket of water left to dechlorinate was 162 ppm. When I made the GH macro and bloom (which I used on my houseplants instead) 917 ppm, which wasn’t a lot of nutrients in that gallon of water. My tap water runs between 160-200ppm on average. The open sesame is never over 1000ppm/3gallons of water. That was because the soil had Dr. Earth general fertilizer 2-2-2, 2tbsp 10-10-10, 1 cup Earthworm castings mix in to recharge a 6 gallon fab pot of FF Happy
Frog medium. I did not want to burn them. I will get run off ppm.

1 Like

So all look good to me but the chocolope could be phosphorus deficient. If im being honest I’m not the best at diagnosis :man_facepalming:.
But check this out and see what you think.

2 Likes

Phosphorus sounds right to me based on the appearance of that leaf.

More importantly, what’s going on here?

It looks either like you splashed water on it, or you’ve got wpm creeping in on you.

2 Likes

Thats no water splash. Its mold. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

If you zoom in on the circle part, you can clearly see its raised off the leaf. Even in the ridge. Other parts look suspect as well.

2 Likes

I wanted to be optimistic, but that was my suspicion as well.

What is wpm? How do I treat it? I thought it was a water spot.

1 Like

What do I do? Throw it away?

White powdery mildew. I sprayed with a 1:3 mix of peroxide (one part peroxide 3 parts water) and then removed the affected leaves. Spray first because mold and mildew travel via spore. Spores are impossible to manage once they’re airborne. Spraying with water and peroxide kills the spores and stops them from becoming airborne when you remove the leaves.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll do that ASAP. This is the second time I’ve tried to grow Chocolope. I always had trouble. Maybe I’m not experienced enough to grow it. I hope I can save her. Thank you all for the help.

You’re absolutely experienced enough to manage this! I had a little WPM in my very first grow, just the hydrogen peroxide spray took care of it but I was diligent with continued treatment. Once a day for a week. Just remember to use fresh water & peroxide every day - peroxide degrades over time with exposure to light and air, you’re safer treating those mold spores with fresh each time.

It’s no big deal. We’re catching it early and treating it promptly. You’re golden. Prepare for a bud wash after harvest with extra peroxide just to be extremely safe.

1 Like

A Hydrogen peroxide bath. I don’t have the link to the video. I’m sure @Myfriendis410 knows what the link is on Youtube.

1 Like

@empressganjaswann u definitely are experienced enough, don’t short urself. Like @Graysin said, y’all caught it early, I’ve seen pics of WPM 100x worse than what ur looking at, that’s a small speck compared to others who didn’t catch it as early as u did. He’s got u covered with the peroxide mix and the bath when u harvest. It’ll be fine, stay on top of it like he did tho, spray it with fresh water and peroxide once a day for a week minimum and u will be good. Apart from that, the girls look good. Keep up the good work growmie

2 Likes

It’s all a collective effort here. I can’t thank everyone enough for your help. I’ve been spraying with 1:3 hydrogen and water. I cut those dying leaves off and this little boy buds that won’t make it up in the canopy. And I fed the ladies. I gave 1/4th amount GH says per 1gal of water. When I fed the Chocolope leaves look like they were praying. It was cool to see. I’ll post pictures over the weekend.
Thank you all again for the help and encouragement.

2 Likes

@empressganjaswann,

I would hit it 2-3 times this next week with ammonia. It is most effective and great at battling powdery mildew. An old hippy grow mentor (who long since passed) from the 90s taught me that trick for killing powdery mildew on my pumpkins and zucchini and cucumbers. Some years later I over sprayed my pumpkins and hit some young cannabis.
It will look like you painted them a shade greener over night. The ammonia NH4+ is absorbed into the leaves as a N boost.

I immediately noticed the difference.

It works because ammonia has a high ph (as all ready mentioned) and is why milk, baking soda, and ammonia all work for powdery mildew. I put a shot glass full of household grocery store ammonia into a standard 1000ml spray bottle. Often times I can only find the lemon scented variety. I have used it plenty and lemon scent hurts nothing. NEVER do it with the lights on. At bed time or 30 min before lights on. Or dim them to low for the first half hour if you are able to. Then mist it all over till it dripping. Since you are not outdoor aim for the just the infected leaves to keep the RH lower.

No worries if you don’t try it, but boy does it work well for PM. The ammonia (nh4+) evaporates away cleanly. It would rather be a gas than dissolved in water(think soda can and co2). Then what is left of the leaf is oxidized (by o2 in the air) to nitrate. Literally the most plant available form of N. If you use lemon scented it is just oil and terps from pressed lemon zest, harmless. No need to wash.

The whole reason it works is the HIGH ph (ammonia is very basic ph 11-12). It makes milk and baking soda look like an acid wash comparatively.

The N boost is just a bonus. Best damn foliar feed around. Fungus knats and spider mites don’t appreciate it sprayed in their face either. BUT I can’t yell it loud enough from the hills, ammonia shreds PM like a ninja….

2 Likes

H202 is also very effective as well at killing PM. But in high concentrations it will mess with trichomes. It has a very low ph of 3.5 and will dissolve trichomes if you are much into flower and have to repeatedly apply it. The high ph of ammonia (11-12) does not mess with trichomes as much in my humble opinion and experience.

Put some gold sift keif in a small dish. Mist it with some h202 and walk away. Do the same with ammonia and gold sift. I think the results speak for themself.

I’ve been misting all the plants with the 1:3 part hydrogen peroxide solution all this week. I cut all the brown, yellow leaves off the Chocolope plant. All the leaves and buds was overlapping each other so I cut off several small branches and underdeveloped buds. She looks better. She’s getting frosty and very sticky.
My Strawberry cough photo looks ok. She’s getting frosty. I’m just wondering if it normal for her pistals to start to change color at 5wks 6days of flower.
My Black Widow photo I don’t know what to say. She’s frosting up and the tips of the leaves haven’t worsened but haven’t improved. I haven’t fed her either. Just pH 6.2 water. Ppm of the runoff is basically around the same ppm as my water 170ppm. Should I start to give her half the dose of the GH flora series or more?
Can’t get the pics loaded from my phone. I’ll post them in a few.