Ok then.. Cannabian dropped some embryos taday!

Were you able to breed them in captivity?
How? By making them watch :panda_face::panda_face: do it? :nerd_face:

1 Like

No by having 1 seed left in the packet! The seed sellers are out of stock everywhere because of covid I suppose? Just go to west coast seeds or anywhere and look at roma tomatoes, as an example, out of stock or … let me know when they are in stock… lemon jal are both hot and sweet… stunning pepper actually… myball time fave :heart_eyes:

@Cannabian , Very nice, set to watch​:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Ok we are holding at 80 American! All is golden.

Thanks for the tag brother. I’ll be tagging along.

1 Like

Alrighty then, the race is on! It looks as though the first contestant to break ground is the Tashkurghan! Still barely noticeable so a photo is pointless :laughing: bit by the days end it may be a seedling? Hopefully the others will show very soon too. :pray:

3 Likes

Good luck brother.

2 Likes

Update… 1 Tashkurghan and 1 Balkhi! Thats positive news!

4 Likes

News flash! A Lebanese is making an appearance! Thats 1 of each so far folks! No paper towel, nothing other than an overnight soak and stuff em into the dirt. The way mother nature intended it. No making sure the pointy part is aimed towards mars or the crack is down… mumbo jumbo… soak and plant thats it! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Ok so how do I know my seed is good? Well, I have 3 different strains and in the same day they are all making an appearance within 6 hours of each other. I can expect the others will show within 24 hours. Any seed that takes more than 3 days longer than the first ones to appear are likely not contenders. Though Ive been proven wrong before. I just like my seeds to be vigorous and off to a flying start.

2 Likes

So we are at 7 out of 8 germination rate thus far… one of the Balkhis is not responding, or is delayed… we shall see. I will give it max 2 more days and poof she was gone!

5 Likes

I don’t like to wait to long either if the seeds don’t pop up pretty quick they probably will be a problem child throughout their lives

1 Like

Right! To be fair though some seeds are a bit tough to crack. Also I may have planted deeper? Alas there is always room for a dud.
The intent of this demonstration is to illustrate that you dont need to soak seeds, place in paper towel, possibly damage tender tap root during transplant… definitely expose it to air and light! The least amount of shock is to soak it and plant it… that simple… no magic, no special treatment. If the seed is viable it will sprout, if not… it wont.
So many people devise these methods for germinating a seed that nature has never heard of? :thinking:

6 Likes

Guys and gals Im 7 out of 8? And still odds are 8 will show by tomorrow. Thats proof in itself that the wgole paper towel thing is unnecessary :unamused:. It started because people are impatient and want to know if its goona sprout? Well? Plant it… water it… then you will know.

5 Likes

These landrace genes you’ve got are great. Totally into this.

Have you grown these before? Super long flowering times I assume?

1 Like

Nope on the Tashkurghan and Lebanese… these are totally new to me. Yes on the Balkhi! Last year I pulled a pound and a half a plant dried off them. The dope was and still is… well dope! It was killer actually. Makes great hashish. Highly recommend this for US and southern Canada. The Leb should finish earlier? That would be nice… and in a very real sence I would love a tasty smelling Leb male for just this reason. The Tashkurghan is supposedly difficult to procure due to Taliban presence :confused: so you pay a bit more for it.
Heres the deal… not withstanding micro climates, if you look for landrace seed the best thing to do is go onto Google Earth and see if the latitude is similar to yours. The Johaar I grew was over 20 feet tall! But by the time bud was finishing, there wasn’t enough solar corn units to finsh the plant in my greenhouse. By December the plant still haf a long way to go. Ok so look at Southern BC Canada on GEarth and rotate to Himalayas… take note of the latitude. One would figure that tge high altitude of the Himalayas would offset the seasonal difference in latitude… nope! It doesnt… because of the angle of the sun and daylight hours. Solar corn units. Check it out. Thats what I do, search for landraces or heirloom plants that can be grown in my latitude. The goal is to breed plants with thc abd a nice balance of cbd. I dont modern weed.

greenhouse is 12 foot ceiling.

7 Likes

Final update on seed germ using most basic method… 8 seeds planted and 8 seeds germinated. So there ya have it… paper towel method is not required… period!

11 Likes

@Cannabian , congratulations on the 100% germination, I dropped 10 beans . I hope I’m close to your percentages

1 Like

Well I do expect some failures, so its always a bonus when they all show up to the party! Even still, these are landraces and I expect a 50/50 show of boys to girls ratio? Maybe more maybe less? If I get a decent male…hopefully a Lebanese, and a female Balkhi… I may be able to get a faster finishing version of a Balkhi? Lets just call it a Balkhanese shall we? :wink:

6 Likes

This is really great to watch, thanks. Your other option is Lebalkhi :grin: :grin:

1 Like