Ok so I know I asked this before but I got a couple of unsure answers. How many nodes does she have ?21day old auto super skunk

3 Likes

5 nodes. Are you trying to see if it’s enough to top? If so, then yes you can :v::bear:

5 Likes

@MattyBear thanks brother. Well I dont know how to top or what the benefits of topping are just yet but really I was just wondering if I was counting node right lol. Does she look on course for 21 days old also ?

4 Likes

Yeah she looks good! :+1:

3 Likes

Topping will create two main colas instead of one. Being an auto, you’d want to top now if you are going to. It has to be done before they start showing pistils and that can be around week 4-6 most of the time, but I’ve had autos start to flower at week 3 and also had some veg for 8 weeks too. They’re on their own schedule, not ours haha

8 Likes

I’m so scared to top her I’m afraid I’ll screw something up horribly . Lol

Don’t worry, @MattyBear knows his shizz and won’t steer you wrong. I’ve topped autos and it works well. I’ve also let them go and they grow pretty big. I prefer not to top them but either way can get good yields. A lot has to do with grow space etc.

5 Likes

I topped one of two white widow autos at the stage your at right now and i wish I topped them both!! DO IIITTTTT!! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Is the fifth node counted as the one coming out? I’m just looking at my plants for reference… I believe I have 3 if that is the case?

Trying to determine when I should top/fim and as to which one :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

This one looks like it has 4 nodes as of yet. I’d give it a couple more days to let the 5th node show it’s face before topping.

Always like seeing tight nodal spacing like that though!

2 Likes

Thanks! I imagine it’s from my light being dropped down enough :blush:

You say 4… can you show me how you’re counting them so I know for future ref? It’s each pair of leaves as one node, right? But maybe we’re counting the two very bottom, starter leaves as one?

1 Like

I start counting nodes when the true (serrated) leaves appear. I don’t count the seed leaves (cotyledons).

Everyone count nodes a little differently though.

1 Like

Im a visual person as well. Hope this helps :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I don’t count the single finger serrated leaves that are first to grow after the cots. I count from the first 3 finger leaves, so I would say you’re at the 3rd node @beautifulL0V3 :wink::v::bear:

5 Likes

Thanks!! That’s what I was looking for.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Matty. Topping/fimming should be done on the 4th or 5th, yes? And if I want to top a second time, I wait again for another 5 nodes?

I was going to say you are looking at her with 4 working on 5th .

1 Like