Ok, old schooler here

Damn auto correct…go cheap on tds pen. $15

Appreciate it! I’ll take a peek @ Bluelab, then.

I was looking at the one in the link below, but wasn’t sure if it was overkill?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077Z6LF91/ref=psdcmw_393271011_t2_B01ENFOIQE?th=1&psc=1

Kind of lost as a duck in the desert.

Alot use that brand around here and have good things to say.
I don’t know about them nor have 1st hand experience with them.
Don’t let it overwhelm ya. Smoke a bowl and come back. Gotta have a knowledge break here and there👍

2 Likes

I bought that set 9-12 months ago. the PH20 is easy, fast and accurate. I use it so often, clean it regularly, and when not used it is kept in the storage solution. With all of that I have not touched the calibration solutions. I did have to replace the storage solution. The pen itself is worth every penny.
I do not recall what PH pen I used previously. It was a $20 amazon purchase. It was slow, frustratingly slow and constantly needed recalibrating. When I replaced it with the Apera I also replaced my HomeForest TDS pen. I don’t recall any major issues. Maybe it was a little slow. It did replace it with the Bluelab Conductivity pen. Solid and reliable piece of equipment.
https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-BLU2221-ppm-Plant-Germination/dp/B005IGXOK4

1 Like

So you have a bluelab truncheon?
I’ve been eyeing one of those. No problem with the hone forest that I know of.
I just like quality tools.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, guys! As always, much appreciated!!

@dbrn32
@Covertgrower

Is it ok for me to keep my general indoor grow questions in this same thread for quick reference?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Absolutely! Ask away, not on all the time, but I definitely will check back later.

5 Likes

I have the truncheon as a spare. It was my go to instrument for a while, then I bought the Apera and the truncheon was out with no way of calibrating it, so its confined to the greenhouse these days😳

2 Likes

You can use test tubes and pH indicator drops. Might not even be cheaper but it’s old school and reliable.

2 Likes

Excellent info and seriously, thanks for all the support!

@TheVirginian I saw your avatar where you liked a post. I see some brindle 4 legged friends in the avi. Hard to tell since it’s a small image, but are they mastiffs?

No mastiffs. Both are pit rescues. The male, the brindle one the lil black & white pup is laying against is Pit and Greyhound of all things, lol… the lil female is a staffordshire bull terrier. both spoiled ROTTEN :wink: :slight_smile: Learned the hard way that BOTH are NOT cat friendly but other than that they’re nearly perfect behavior :slight_smile: Prince, a.k.a. the Prince of dogness , sometimes forgets he’s not to jump on people for attention but it’s ALWAYS, for attention, lol

2 Likes

Love pits…they get such a bad rap due to a-holes conditioning to be mean. :rage:

We’ve been involved with mastiffs and the MCOA rescue for over 25 years. Had to put out big boy down a few years back. …he was a solid 278 lbs. It’s taken us a while to get over that!

Currently have a beagle mix that wandered up mistreated and malnourished. Took her into the vet for a checkup, shots, heartworm test, spaying, and getting her preventive heartworm meds.

We’ll have English mastiffs again or perhaps Boerbels. Just want to modify our front deck. I’ve recently had C-spine surgery and it will be a while before Im able to pick up the big breeds again.

Cute dogs you have there!

2 Likes

Guess I should add to the thread that although my long term goal of growing my own for retirement and occasional use now; my short term goal is to get setup over the next several months ago and grow a couple of the low THC/ moderate CBD and a strain of moderate THC/CBD strains for my wife.

She just can’t inhale smoke, but always enjoyed my brownies back in the day. I plan to research the canna butter/infusion threads to make her some type of edibles. She has RA, lupus, hypothyroid, dealt with endometriosis when she was younger. Currently, she been fortunate that a torn meniscus has healed properly so far, but will need a total hip replacement at some point in the near future, it’s up to her tolerance of the pain level she is in.

Like me, she doesn’t like what opiates do to you, especially when you can grow quality plants and know exactly what your putting into your body. Also, she’s not a fan of the injections for RA since kidney disease runs in her family. So, edibles will be right up her alley!

4 Likes

This our big boy. He’s also a rescue. He is only about 110.

He had to see what was going on. Drying after a bud wash

6 Likes

Very cool!!

My big boy. I miss him!!

4 Likes

Big boy wasn’t a rescue, but we’ve taken in several rescue mastiffs over the years!!

4 Likes

Trust me man, i feel you on the missing them part… My first dog, has been gone since 09 and i still tear up when speaking of her. She was the best i’ve ever known and i’ve had a LOT of dogs. We had 15 on this hill at one point, lol. Two oops litters and they were OUR responsibility at that point. They all lived out their lives on this hill and river :wink: I miss those border collies something fierce too. Eve was my first, and my best, but i have YET to meet “the smarts” in another dog that the border collies we had exhibited. SCARY smart, the stuff they could work out in their minds when they wanted to achieve something, lol

4 Likes

That’s mostly why I grow, don’t get me wrong I love a few hits off a pipe but I make a lot of edibles. Hit me up when you need a few recipes, everybody loves my triple ginger cookies and salted brownie cookie which uses a brownie box mix as the base. Just made another batch of cornbread muffins for my brother by request lol :cookie:

5 Likes

Thanks, that would be much appreciated. I’ve been trying to find recipes and store them for reference. :+1:

2 Likes

Well, I seem to be slowly chipping away at supplies. Even though I’ve still got my HPS lights, I have been looking @ LED lights. Either I ordered one right before I crashed out last night or my wife saw I was looking at one and decided to " surprise" me.

I got a HLG 350R?

4 Likes