Ok grow vets, lets have some fun!

Its time for the vets to fess up! What dumb, forgetful, funny or just plain ignorant shit have you done either as a veteran or a noob doesnt matter. Let these young guys hear the dumbassery we have done. Give these new guys a chuckle and some hope!

Ill go first.

2 years ago i had been growing for 5 years. Was time to pop some seeds and get going. I put 100 bucks worth of seeds in a paper towel and off we go. Then i got high… real high for like 5 days. 7 days later i dawned on me that i forgot those seeds! I checked them and the towel was desert dry. I rewetted the towel and checked them. The most beutifully germinated seeds you ever saw. Dropped them in mineral wool and not a single one sprouted. Was a damn tragedy.

3 Likes

i have done so much dumb shii i cant count. i too put my seeds on a paper towel, and then on a seedling mat in a hot room and baked those babies like they were cookies.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Cannabis-relevant trivia for fiction writer

Hey i got a new one! On week five of a new grow and a coupke of my plants just aint rite. But most importantly, even with an ac the temps in dark hours(i usually run 20/4) just werent making sense. I like to run 70 with lights on and 65 with them off depending on the strain. Temps been rock solid 70 all day no movement. So i go down tonight at 1am to turn off a light i left on in the grow room. And grow lights were still on. 5 weeks i had the timer switched to on instead of timer. That just happened.

3 Likes

Two years ago we picked up some clones in Trinidad, Co, our go to Turn & Burn town (we are in NM) I planted them along with our regular herbs, along a cinder block fence no less, which goes without saying gets extremely hot in the summer.
Pretty much planted and said, “go with God little plants!” Out of six one made it. No feeding, no attention, no reading up online on how to grow. It was a scraggly little thing, I am pretty sure had mites, now that I know what to look for. And I am guessing it made maybe about 1/8 gram of these tiny buds, which looking back was a phenomenal feat for the little plant. By golly we were happy to get those tiny bud, no idea of curing, but doubted that would matter. Smoked it anyways.

Then last year decided we would do better. This time put two clones out back in garden boxes. The next day we got 70 mph winds. So this year we moved to the grow tent and extensive research on how to grow.

2 Likes

I did the same thing my last grow,couldn’t figure out why one tent was outgrowing the other.I had the timer running 24-0 for 3weeks during veg.Turned out good though.Lucky.

2 Likes

Yesterday was watering and nute day. Well I couldn’t figure out why my PH kept raising in my jug of water. Hmmmm this high ass kept adding PH up thinking it was PH down. :person_facepalming::shushing_face:

3 Likes

I did that with our hot tub once. The bottles look alike with arrows pointing up or down.

2 Likes