Ok going try one more time get answers that aren't so conflicting. About to just give up!

If your going be rude please don’t comment on my post please.

@Marie73 they look great! Well done. I think that’s just it - go with your gut and if things start to wobble just jump back on here.

Good luck with all your treatments as well. Life can be a b*tch sometimes.

Good luck!
CJ

1 Like

Thank you. Yes it can be.

1 Like

A lot of people don’t use tents. And this is the great thing about growing. What may work great for one, may not work for another. It sounds like you are finding what works best for you. I would follow that path and fine tune as you go :grin:
And your plants look 1,000 times better than the first one I tried to do :wink:

3 Likes

That’s my plan. :smiley: :wink: :herb:

@Marie73 the light that you purchased will be fine for growing in the tent you have.

When you installed new light it changed so many variables in the tent that made the plants droop.
The temperature went way to high and the humidity to low.
An exhaust fan in tent is best to control temperature by exhausting the hot air while circulating cooler fresh air in from the vents on the tent walls( usually an opening with screen )

Also they would use water faster with the excessive heat.

I would say dont give up. Try to find a way to control the temp in tent so you can use the better light. I usually run temps from 78f to 82f with 80f being the sweet spot for my setup and the strain I grow.

3 Likes

You nailed it. That’s exactly what it did and the ladies weren’t happy at all about. Also one the first things I did when noticed temp raising was put an exhaust in but for some reason wasn’t enough and they didn’t like even when got temp down and humidity back up. They seem perfectly content right now by window eating up the natural sun and the grow lights. Husband is building me a grow room in garage that much bigger. I will just install that new light I bought in it for future grows. For now these three little ladies just staying put where they are. :smiley:

2 Likes

UPDATE: The ladies are doing great! I went and spoke with a local botanist and learned some interesting facts on plant behavior.

In healthy plants, they do sleep for one. When their leaves start drooping at the end of their light cycle they are going to sleep and this is their way keeping warm and keeping new baby leaves warm. Once the sun comes out or grow light comes on they will starting waking up and will even yes stretch up towards the sun/light. They are just soaking it in. Also LST is not always necessary or needed actually. In fact she told me just let them do their own thing (and yes I told her what I was growing.) My ladies have new little leaves budding all over and growing like ‘weeds’ :laughing: !

I have been watching mine the last couple days and I have started seeing the patterns. Also as I stated in a previous post I pitched the grow tent. I am still monitoring temp and humidity. But they have been much more happier sitting by the window getting a mix of natural sun and artifical light. I put the new light up over them and they are enjoying it now with no problems.

So these drooping during dark cycle and reaching (aka praying) for the light are normal behaviors and don’t always mean something is wrong as long as no visible signs of problems accuring and they are continuing to grow and have vibrate green coloring. She did recommnend 12 light/12 dark cycle. They seem to be happy with this arrangement.

3 Likes

Just a heads up, this will send them into flower.

4 Likes

I have the artificial light set on a 8hr timer. I have not started doing 12 hours yet. They went through so much stress already.

1 Like

No it is not always needed correct about that but it helps to keep a plant lower. Keeping a plant lower allows you to veg the plant longer. Vegging the plant longer allows for a bigger plant a bigger plant allows for a bigger yield. Follow where im going. Of course a florist gardener a seed bank person will try and get u to let it do its thing and limit u to your yield so u can keep buying up their seeds and what nots. Im not saying thats what happened but lst is a big helper in making plants get alot bigger. Allows for better everything in most cases. When u switched ur lights to the new light it probably only would have taken a day or 2 for the plant to adjust. It had alot more light than it had prior so it has to adjust just like ur eyes when u go from dark to light. They have to adjust to the lighting. Plants wont adjust near as quick as ur eyes but they have to have an adjustment period too. I hope when u have the plants in the window that the window is open as the window will block out alot of the uv rays that the plant needs from the sun. Good luck. I hope u have a successful grow

3 Likes

no LST is not a necessity to grow a healthy plant. If you want to increase your yield, monitor proper grow space, height ect. than I would highly recommend it. This is why when I have an electrical problem at the house I call an electrician, not a plumber. You ever notice how a Sandwich factory usually makes a better sandwich than if you ordered one from a pizza joint. Yes they both have sandwiches as options but one company specializes in it :wink:

You know what I am done with this site if people going talk to me like I am dumb idiot. I am not out to get a ton weed to get high off of. The lady was a botanists with degrees in botany, not a florist or seed bank. Marijuana been around longer than any of us and nobody was out twisting and bending their branches, giving them chemical nutrients and all the other stuff. I am just trying grow healthy plants as organically as possible. I have cancer. I just need for pain and nausea. I’ll be contacting administrators to delete my account. I’m done here.

2 Likes

No one is talking to anyone like they are dumb… people are juat giving advice!

1 Like

You have a blessed day.

1 Like