Oh no, it this the dreaded White Powdery Mildew?

I wouldn’t spray the buds I would do three buckets one peroxide second just water to get the peroxide off then the third just water to just really clean it

Some people do that but the second bucket is lemon juice and baking soda

2 Likes

The other issue I have with bud washing is that you have to cut each branch/cola separate. In my short experiences I found that it dries better and slower when it’s hung as a whole

2 Likes

My feeling is I would rather have a little faster dry than be smoking molds and mildews, bugs and dust. Besides there is always ways to control humidity for drying, just might take a little effort.
Also if you had to use any kind of bug killers during your grow it should be mandatory to wash.

3 Likes

In my few harvesta, I have cut them down to branches, 55-60 humidity 70f, and they dry within 4-5 days. Sometimes too grassy in terms of smell
My last dry I hung a while plant there days, then cut them down into branches 3 days same temp and humidity 60-62 and I felt it was better.
Let me know if u have any tips or comments on my technique to make it better

1 Like

I wet trim, wash, and then hang and dry, and whenever the branches snap, I will start the cure in bags or bins before going into jars for the finish cure. Ask 10 growers how they dry and cure and you will get 10 different answers. It isn’t right or wrong, it is what works for you. I use spinosad for bugs so I bud wash, if I didn’t use it I would still wash. Works for me.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that if u ask 10 growers they will tell you 20 ways to dry lol. I’m trying to figure it out, sometimes in a painful manner
So why the bins and bags before the jars ? Why not straight to the jar?

Just to help even out the moisture from inside the buds without molding. It allows me to get a slower dry in poor humidity conditions. Where I live it is either very humid or very dry. Summer or winter, just makes it easier for me to get a slow cure without turning my buds to dust. Once in jars I only open to burp or smoke…

1 Like