Off topic - snake bitten

My two dogs corners of young black snake, in back yard. It had an old injury so it was a very nervous snake. I put a stick over its head pinned it down picked it up, holding mouth closed. Got it over to the fence lifted it up to put it over the fence and its head got away from me it lunged struck me on the face and then bit me on the hand. I threw it over the fence and let It go. Black snakes kill rats and other poisonous snakes. They are only dangerous when frightened. Been dealing with snakes since I was a kid, I’m 49 now, this is only second time I have ever been bitten. I’m ok, no worries.

3 Likes

Glad you’re ok and didn’t kill one of the good snakes! Hope your day turns around for the better with good karma.

2 Likes

If I had a doobie it be alot better. But I don’t. Thanks for your response.

2 Likes

download (4)

Come on over! I have doobies! My garden snakes are peaceful :relieved: they only eat slugs and stuff.

1 Like

@Cannabian This snake was scared, dogs were barking, I moved to suddenly. It moved its head fast and got out of my grip, and struck me out of fear. There was no malice from the snake, it was fear.

1 Like

Just wish we could communicate with other creatures. It’d be nice to tell them you’re getting them somewhere safer. I was struck several times by a cotton mouth. When I looked down I saw it striking again. Luckily it was never able to get through my boot. I backed away (well, pretty sure I flew away) and it just disappeared.

1 Like

They’re afraid of us more than we are them. I bet their first thought is when they see us, omg !! I’m gonna die by that giant. @Bobbydigital

No doubt. I was practically standing on that one. It was so well camouflaged I barely saw it striking at me.

I love snakes, they are so misunderstood. And they make good Pets. @Bobbydigital

1 Like

Caught that same snake again today, this time it was trying to go into my garage.
I took it off property for a good 100 yards and dumped it into the woods. It’s lucky I didn’t kill it. If it comes back I may have to kill it.